The EveryDay Book - Tomoe River Paper - Set of 3 - B5 Size
We still use old Tomoe River paper in our notebooks.
Introducing our new fountain pen ready paper travel notebooks. These are perfect as standalone travel notebooks for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as refills for our best selling Journal Covers.
- Set of 3 - Blank paper - 64 sheets (128 pages)
- Hand-bound from TomoeRiver 52 gsm white paper
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes with a zippered canvas bag
- 190 x 250 mm (7,48 x 9,84 inches)
- Fits in the B5 size Traveler's Notebook and our B5 size notebook covers
- Other available sizes include B5, B6, B7, A5 pad, passport, pocket and A5 size.
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
Known as Extra Large and Composition size. This size is in between A4 and A5 and makes for a perfect everyday notebook – they are not too big to carry around but allow you plenty of space if you prefer to finish your notes/tasks all on one page.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Tam istediğim büyüklükte, sayfalar zaten tomeo river, dikiş çok kaliteli, kılavuz her bir deftere konmuş, deri kurutma ve yumuşak yazma imkanı sağlıyor. Galen sürekli kendini geliştiriyor. Tebrik ederim.
Beautiful covers, sewn binding, and the classic Tomoe River paper, all in my favorite notebook size: B5. The lined and gridded guide inserts were a welcome addition as well. Even the beautiful box they came in is too handsome to throw away. Galen Leather has mightily impressed me. Now...I’m going to buy one of their B5 Leuchtturm leather notebook covers.
I was searching for large jotters made of Tomoe River paper for a very long time, but couldn't find any in A4. These are the largest available, B5 is a good compromise.
They are well made. The cover is sturdy enough, the pages are thoroughly sewn together. The only thing I don't like is the very large and golden advertising on the cover, i.e., the company name and so forth. This can be forgiven easily, though, since Galen is a leather company and you're supposed to put the jotter in one of their covers. I don't, but since I individually bind my books anyway, this is not a problem at all.
The blotting paper they send along actually isn't paper, but a sheet of soft leather. That makes these books even better! It's a gorgeous tool, since it does not only serve as a blotter, but also as a pad when writing. Very handy for that very thin paper!
I'm overly satisfied and re-ordered two packs of three, in order to always have them at hand.
I ordered these B5 Everyday TRP notebooks a few months ago and just filled up one of them! Not only was this my first exposure to Tomoe River paper (now I cannot bring myself to use any other paper for fountain pens...!!), but I have absolutely fallen in love with these notebooks from Galen. The B5 size is perfect to contain my thoughts and personal notes - larger than A5, which seem a bit too narrow sometimes, and not as huge as A4, which are more suited for school notes. Nowhere else can you find a B5 size notebook filled with this precious treasure of a paper!! The leather blotting pad is perfect for covering the left page when I move over to writing on the right side and prevents my arm from smearing the ink. The guide sheets are cut perfectly to fit under each page and keep my writing straight without needing a dot grid or graph ruling printed on the paper (I didn't know how nice a blank sheet filled with fountain pen ink looks without the distraction of other rulings!). This really is my new favorite, go-to notebook and I am definitely coming back for more! Thank you so much for making these!!
Absolutely love these books! Love the paper and the color. I was happily surprised by the bags the books came from as well as the other goodies! I am already trying to decide what size to get next!
I really appreciated this notebook right out of the box--literally! The ruled wide, college and graph inserts coupled by the leather sheet, that alleviates pressure marks on the other pages while writing, really make the possibilities endless when I journal. I also recently have extended my fountain pen and inks collection so this notebook is not only exceptional quality to use them on but it makes every ink that I use to look so much more wonderful dimensional. The combination is exhilarating. I will purchase from Galen Leather Co. again, thanks!
Best notebook ever. Awesome for fountain pen use. Quality is top notched and Galen Leather never disappoints.
A superb thin notebook with the best fountain pen friendly paper ever. These notebooks have been made with a lot of attention to detail. From the gold foil on the cover to the packaging of all notebooks. It is clearly that all these books have been made with a lot of love.
I have been using the Every Day books since they first came out and these new sizes are a wonderful addition to the line up. They have beautiful cover illustrations, the dreamiest Tomoe River paper and a slim profile, perfect for tucking into a bag or one of Galen’s beautiful covers. I use different sizes for different projects and I love them all. I’m sure I will run through them as quickly as I did my last batch. I use them to the very last page. Thank you Galen for making the perfect notebook! ❤️
These are the best notebooks! I might have just found my new journal refill!
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM