The EveryDay Book - Tomoe River Paper - Set of 3 - Pocket Size
We still use old Tomoe River paper in our notebooks.
Introducing our new fountain pen friendly paper pocket sized notebooks! These are perfect as a standalone travel pocket journal or notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as pocket journal refills for our best selling Pocket Notebook Covers.
Our specially crafted pocket size Tomoe River Paper notebook refills are made of Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper, known as the best fountain pen friendly paper. Each pocket journal notebook is hand-bound and contains 128 pages.
- Set of 3
- Each pocket size notebook features 64 blank sheets (128 pages in total)
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes with a zippered canvas bag
- 90 x 140 mm (3,54 x 5,51 inches) Field Notes size
- Fits in the pocket-size Traveler's Notebook
- Other available sizes include B5, B6, B7, A5 pad, passport, A5 size and regular.
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk. For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
Pocket sizeThe pocket-size is mostly known thanks to the Field Notes brand. It was inspired by the promotional notebooks and pocket-ledgers used by farmers.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
These nicely made thin Din A5 notebooks - like all Galen notebooks - still contain the OLD Tomoe River 52g/qm paper. The old version of this famous paper has become hard to get, and in my opinion, it’s sooo much better than the new version.
So if you are a fountain pen lover, grab some of this incredible paper here while it lasts. When it‘s gone, it‘s gone forever.
The books open quite flat, which makes writing in them even more enjoyable.
Although they are pretty thin, they do fit into the DIN A 5 Galen notebook leather sleeve.
Of course, they are extraordinarily pretty without a leather sleeve as well.
Mine did not come in a fabric pouch but in a beautiful black cardboard box/envelope with magnetic closure.
A perfect fit for my folio and a great paper for use with pencils, pens, ink, you name it.
If you treasure the writing experience, try these pads. They're awesome.
Tomoe river kağıtlarının kalitesi zaten belli. Regular boyutlu bir defteri ilk kullanmışım olacak ve boyutunu çok kullanışlı buldum. Dikişleri hatasız ve iyi görünüyor. Paketleme her zaman olduğu gibi mükemmel, defter boyutuna uygun kumaş fermuarlı çantasında, kılavuz ve kurutma kağıtları ile birlikte geliyor. Süreç de sonuç da tatmin edici idi. Harika paketleme ve Türkiye'ye özgü hediyeler için teşekkürler.
Excellent leather work on a simple elegant note
The paper of the every day book is very smooooth and I keep on touching it since its a lovely experience.
Keep the good work and will be ordering in the near future.
I was looking for a regular sized notebook with Tomoe River paper that would not be stapled and that would not be 400+ pages... I’m so happy ! The books are beautiful and perfectly made, and stitched ! The paper is excellent.
The three of them come in a lovely pouch that I’ll totally use - what a smart marketing move ! - guides and blotter (So useful !) ; oh, and some turkish tea and coffee in another lovely pouch... thank you so much for putting that much care into your products and your package ! The fact that my order got shipped super fast makes me even more grateful. I can definitely see myself ordering again, thank you !
I own four different travelers style notebooks from four different companies. This is by far my favorite. The leather is beautiful and much better quality than the others. But the biggest advantage for me is the A5 size. This size allowes me to use any of my A5 notebooks with this cover. Highly recommend and I couldn’t be happier.
This is a new size for me & the leather is a stunning color. The notebooks are perfect with the Tomoe paper; I use one notebook for personal & one for work. Excellent craftsmanship!!
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1 week to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM