The EveryDay Pad - Tomoe River Paper - A5 Size - 150 Sheets
We still use old Tomoe River paper in our notebooks.
Our specially crafted A5 size notepad is made of Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper, known as the best fountain pen friendly paper. Each notepad contains 150 blank sheets. This notepad is the perfect addition to our elegant wooden notepad holder.
- Made from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper - 150 Sheets
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes with a zippered canvas bag
- Perforated pages - Staple-bound
- Other notebook sizes are available which you can check out here
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Title says it all, the best notepad with TR paper, comes with a bag and blotter too👍🏻
No way write my sermons on another notebook. This is wonderful!
I've been dying to get my hands on one of these new Galen Leather pads/notebooks as I'm a huge fan of Tomoe River paper. As expected with EVERYTHING I have ever gotten from Galen, it is fantastic! I slipped the back cover into the back flap on my A5 zippered cover and it fits GREAT....even with my Hobonichi Cousin on the other side! I use it to jot random notes for my FB group and podcasts, along with random ideas. I LOVE that the pages are perforated and the guides that come with it are a nice treat too. LOVE it!
It's a tomoe river pad with 150 sheets. What's NOT to love?
There are a few A5 TRP writing pads that work well In my writing box so it’s is only just now that I’ve had a try with this pad.
I’ve been a fan of the note book versions and of course love the TRP for my fountain pens.
In design it’s similar to the Rhodia pads but has the better pages and the fine TRP means more pages.
I wasn’t sure if the serrated edge would worry me for letter writing but it’s very subtle so hardly noticeable.
The pages tear away very cleanly.
I love how my fountain pen glides across this paper. The ink does not bleed and it makes writing a smooth and unhindered movement. It is also really useful that the front cover as three scored lines that allow the cover to be flipped back and over the binding to lie flat underneath, very well designed pad.
The Everyday writing pad is a treasure It comes with a lined template with two different line widths plus a grid. The paper is smooth as silk and I get no bleed through when I write on both sides even with a wet ink. I will order it again.
I bought this on a rec from a fountain pen post. Tomoe River paper is my favorite for fountain pens. This one is a good carry-around size, and I plan to use the 2nd one I got for lecture notes.
Works well with writing board
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM