The EveryDay Pad - Tomoe River Paper - A5 Size - 150 Sheets
$21.00 USD– Sold Out
Our specially crafted A5 size notepad is made of Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper, known as the best fountain pen friendly paper. Each notepad contains 150 blank sheets. This notepad is the perfect addition to our elegant wooden notepad holder.
- Made from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper - 150 Sheets
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes in a magnetic closure cardboard box.
- Perforated pages - Staple-bound
- Other notebook sizes are available which you can check out here
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
What an amazing purchase. The blue cover is beautiful and quality paper really is nice to use on a daily basis. This every day pad fits my zip folio perfectly.
I like this pad for my skeching and letters, very smooth the writting with my fountain pens.
I've been dying to get my hands on one of these new Galen Leather pads/notebooks as I'm a huge fan of Tomoe River paper. As expected with EVERYTHING I have ever gotten from Galen, it is fantastic! I slipped the back cover into the back flap on my A5 zippered cover and it fits GREAT....even with my Hobonichi Cousin on the other side! I use it to jot random notes for my FB group and podcasts, along with random ideas. I LOVE that the pages are perforated and the guides that come with it are a nice treat too. LOVE it!
I’m in love. The paper is beautiful in its sheer nature and the provided guides are so helpful. My pen doesn’t bleed and glides so nicely across the paper. Hard to use anything else now ! Pencil erases from under the pen marks as well! Any writer or pen based artist’s dream pad !
I really like the style of the cover. I'll probably cannibalize it into a notebook cover once I've used up the pages on this pad. I did have trouble with the tear off pages - the binding glue came off and over time one of the Staples have loosened. This has made removing pages gradually harder as I reach the end of the pad, but not impossible. I definitely prefer that the perforation requires being deliberate over being easy to accidentally remove pages, however, and the pages 99% of the time tear from perforation cleanly. Great paper as always.
I really like this pad. The Tomoe River paper is awesome and the A5 size is perfect for me. I draw out swatches of ink on this pad to had a reference to look at hoe inks react on Tomoe River Paper. I love the guides that were included with the pad as I find the grids and lines helpful since I cannot write in a straight line. The pages also tear out relatively cleanly, one every once in a while will be stubborn, but I think that may simply be my technique. Overall, I would buy this again.
Use this daily for work and I love it, keeping and eye out for a restock to order another! I might treat myself to the wooden holder too!
Excelente papel para usarlo con plumas fuentes. a pesar de ser delgado 52 gr.
High quality notepad made with the absolute best fountain pen paper. The utility of a pad makes this my favorite paper product.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM