The EveryDay Pad - Tomoe River Paper - A5 Size - 150 Sheets
We still use old Tomoe River paper in our notebooks.
Our specially crafted A5 size notepad is made of Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper, known as the best fountain pen friendly paper. Each notepad contains 150 blank sheets. This notepad is the perfect addition to our elegant wooden notepad holder.
- Made from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper - 150 Sheets
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes in a magnetic closure cardboard box.
- Perforated pages - Staple-bound
- Other notebook sizes are available which you can check out here
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I like this pad for my skeching and letters, very smooth the writting with my fountain pens.
I've been dying to get my hands on one of these new Galen Leather pads/notebooks as I'm a huge fan of Tomoe River paper. As expected with EVERYTHING I have ever gotten from Galen, it is fantastic! I slipped the back cover into the back flap on my A5 zippered cover and it fits GREAT....even with my Hobonichi Cousin on the other side! I use it to jot random notes for my FB group and podcasts, along with random ideas. I LOVE that the pages are perforated and the guides that come with it are a nice treat too. LOVE it!
I’m in love. The paper is beautiful in its sheer nature and the provided guides are so helpful. My pen doesn’t bleed and glides so nicely across the paper. Hard to use anything else now ! Pencil erases from under the pen marks as well! Any writer or pen based artist’s dream pad !
Love Tomoe River paper and the cover on this pad makes it even more delightful. Enjoying my letter writing with this pad and the helpful guides. As usual, Galen quality and customer service are top notch. Items arrived quicker than expected too.
I love this pad! Very nice to write on and the color is very unique.
A notebook of quality you can trust.
High-quality Tomoe River Paper and practical Galen Leather notebook design are combined!
Provides excellent satisfaction
Excellent note pad.
Would like if it was available in cream also and maybe in the heavier paper too.
I purchased several of these pads as I wanted to be sure that I had enough of the old style Tomoe River paper for writing with a fountain pen. The ability of Tomoe River paper to show off the characteristics of your ink is the best in the industry, at least for a paper that is easily obtainable. I received my tablets much quicker than I had expected with the slow down due to COVID. My only constructive comment would be that it would be nice to have an option for the heavier GSM Tomoe River with lines.
This is a wonderful pad of paper. Such a cheerful cover calls to me to get writing! I love the two way grid helper that is included. I dashed off a letter to my sister instantly. Another delightful product from Galen. Thank you very much!
I love this paper for writing letters with a fountain pen. the pen flows so smoothly over the paper. great
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1 week to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM