The EveryDay Book - Tomoe River Paper - Set of 3 - A5 Size
Introducing our new fountain pen ready paper travel notebooks. These are perfect as standalone travel notebooks for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as refills for our best selling leather A5 notebook cover.
- Set of 3 - Blank paper - 64 sheets (128 pages)
- Hand-bound from TomoeRiver 52 gsm white paper
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes in a magnetic closure cardboard box.
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
- Fits in the A5 size Traveler's Notebook and other leather notebook covers
- Other available sizes include B5, B6, B7, A5 pad, passport, pocket and regular.
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
A5 sizeAt half the size of the A4, A5 size notebooks are very popular as journals, daily or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space.
These are great notebooks, whether you're comparing inks or taking notes for work related projects, etc. I especially love the presentation they came in, and I was not ready for that. I just thought it was little notebooks! But everything Galen does just blows me out of the water.
The cover is beautiful. The stitched binding is perfect and the Tomoe River paper shows ink shading, sheening and shimmer better than any other paper. I love the enclosed guidelines and blotter too. Just perfect with my Galen Leather Brown and Crazy Horse Green Leather TN’s! Next time I will order more than one since they sell out so quickly!
I've been using these Galen Leather Everyday Books for a while now. Daily for well over a year. The paper is exceptional: thin, smooth, attractive, perfect with fountain pens. They are thin enough to tuck in a purse or backpack. I LOVE the enclosed guides and blotter and I prefer the box packaging to the previous pouch. I use about 1 per month and buy a years worth in January so I'm prepared. Highly recommend.
I brought this to see what all the fuss as for tomoe river paper. I've tried cheaper alternatives to it usually recommended, and wasn't impressed. On a whim I brought this along with the purple Kaweco, and really glad I did. I now see what all the fuss is about, and oh no. Oh no no, I've developed an expensive habit. The sheening! I can actually see the glitter some of my inks use! And it shades so nicely! Aaaaa I can't go back.
What really converted me was the lovely care Galen leather put in with this set. The blotter, guides and cute little box were very much appreciated, and really helped the writing experience too.
I like this passport Size even more than Regular Size Refill von Galen, because they have even more pages than Midori lightweight paper refill passport size. It is a perfect item if you want a thick travelers notebook. And the included brown fabric pouch is also beautiful and well made!
I absolutely recommend this. The paper is fountain pen friendly and the cover looks beautiful!
These nicely made thin Din A5 notebooks - like all Galen notebooks - still contain the OLD Tomoe River 52g/qm paper. The old version of this famous paper has become hard to get, and in my opinion, it’s sooo much better than the new version.
So if you are a fountain pen lover, grab some of this incredible paper here while it lasts. When it‘s gone, it‘s gone forever.
The books open quite flat, which makes writing in them even more enjoyable.
Although they are pretty thin, they do fit into the DIN A 5 Galen notebook leather sleeve.
Of course, they are extraordinarily pretty without a leather sleeve as well.
Mine did not come in a fabric pouch but in a beautiful black cardboard box/envelope with magnetic closure.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM