The EveryDay Book - Tomoe River Paper - Set of 3 - A5 Size
We still use old Tomoe River paper in our notebooks.
Introducing our new fountain pen ready paper travel notebooks. These are perfect as standalone travel notebooks for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as refills for our best selling leather A5 notebook cover.
- Set of 3 - Blank paper - 64 sheets (128 pages)
- Hand-bound from TomoeRiver 52 gsm white paper
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes with a zippered canvas bag
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
- Fits in the A5 size Traveler's Notebook and other leather notebook covers
- Other available sizes include B5, B6, B7, A5 pad, passport, pocket and regular.
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
A5 sizeAt half the size of the A4, A5 size notebooks are very popular as journals, daily or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect small everyday note books, they fit so well in the smaller pen cases.
This cool notebooks are great for everyday use and note taking. Supple and great for fountain pens. The stitching and feel is awesome.
Great notebooks for on the go note taking! Great efficient service! Thanks Galen
Tomoe river is slowly becoming more prevalent and I am very pleased by it because it is unmatched in the fountain pen world! These notebooks are perfect for everyday use, they’re “simple” enough to use for running around and taking quick notes but doesn’t skimp on paper quality. The three take a while to use up but I will definitely repurchase in the future.
I’ve always been a fan of Tomoe River paper. I got a set of these to go with the pocket size cover I ordered from Galen. They work together perfectly, the paper as always works great with fountain pens (you might look for a fast-drying ink) and I can carry it all in my pocket.
These notebooks are my first experience of tomoe river paper. I was thrilled! It is impressive how many pages fit in that small, handy size because the paper is so thin. The quality of the paper is great, the performance of my writing is amazing. The extras (the guides and the blotter) were a very thoughtful and helpful addition. The packaging was top notch as always.
These are nice quality and the package they arrive in shows that the company takes great care of the product and costumer experience.
As per usual packaging and delivery was top notch, and these note books.... Oh wow. It's my first experience with Tomoe River Paper and for that alone they're worth every cent. The paper is so fine with no feathering and the inclusion of the writing guides and the blotter just.... Amazing. So thoughtful and useful. I usually avoid blank pages because my writing will scrawl into all kinds of angles but the guides keep me on track and the result is so lovely to look at. I couldn't be happier! Thank you~
Great size and quality! I love these notebooks and the little added extras are brilliant. Great for fountain pens. Love them!!
I got a set of these a while ago and I love them so I decided to pick up another set. They really are made well. I love the blotter/hand guard, and the included page guides. Hopefully what I have will last me a while!
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM