100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:Handmade Leather Slim A5 Notebook / Planner Cover
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Forest Green
Distressed dark green color showing under-tones of light green, sacramento and emerald. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
6.3 x 8.6 inches (16 x 22 cm)
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather
- Hand stitched using waxed polyamide thread
Save yourself the hassle of digging around your bag by keeping your valuables safe and secure in one place. Our Handmade Leather Slim A5 Notebook / Planner Cover is the perfect way to store your everyday essentials for work, study or personal use.
- A5 size soft covered notebooks and EveryDay Book blank A5 400 ages
Can also store other accessories (as pictured):
- A pen
- Credit Cards
*Devices and accessories are not included
Beautifully made and leather skin. My Moleskin journal just fits into the cover, but it’s too tight with barely any room to move within the cover when you open the journal. Maybe 2-3mm more on top and bottom on the inside would make it work well for a Moleskin journal A5 size. Otherwise exactly what I was looking for.
Another high quality product from Galen. LOVE it!
I purchased the A5 notebook cover in green as well as the Tomoe River notebook. I am beyond pleased with how gorgeous this cover is; the craftsmanship is high-quality! It was a little difficult getting the notebook into the sleeves (the fit was very snug), but nonetheless I am more than pleased!
Looks just as beautiful in person as it does in the photographs. Feels good in the hands, and looks — dare I say it? — professional. Like something a Serious Writer would use. A delight.
As others have mentioned, the pen loop is a little tighter than I might have liked. I have a lovely green Karas Kustoms Bolt that goes well with the green leather, but most of my pens tend toward the larger side. It's not much of an inconvenience — I have other ways of toting those pens around — but it does mean that the pen loop may often be empty and unused.
I will also say that I had to spend several minutes slowly and carefully working one of my Galen Leather Everyday Blank notebooks into the cover. I expected a snug fit, but this was so snug that I found myself slightly aggravated by the time I finally finished. I'm sure the leather will loosen up a bit over time as more notebooks are inserted/extracted, but I've purchased other high-quality leather notebook covers (Baron Fig, Gfeller, etc.) that didn't have this issue. It is definitely NOT a dealbreaker — the cover looks and performs as expected. Just a word to the wise: be prepared to spend a little extra time fitting your notebooks into this until it's fully broken in.
I've been using the A5 cover with the 400 page Tomoe River notebook for a few days now. I love the feel, the construction and the color. It is just what I was looking for. Except for the pen loop. It seems to be sized for a ballpoint pen and not for a fountain pen. Even a Pelikan M205 fits so tightly, I'm afraid that eventually the cap band will get pulled off! I was hoping to keep a lipless pen in the loop, but all of my lipless fountain pens are way too big.
What you see is what you get. It's a minimal cover that looks and feels great. I use mine with a Hobinichi Techo Cousin.
My only complaint is that the pen loop is too small. I can -barely- fit a Sailor Pro Gear Slim in there, and even that takes a lot of effort. I'm trying to put bigger and bigger pens in there to try to stretch it out, but no luck so far. Other than that, it's perfect and I love it.
Beautifully made, the presentation is exceptional and the service from the team at Galen is perfect... all in all it's been a wonderful experience
My 2nd purchase from Galen Leather and it won't be my last. The green cover is soooo luxurious!
Love it! I love the quality and craftsmanship of Galen products. This cover looks better than the photos and the end result shows that everything they make is made with love.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs.
We offer drop shipping services to your customers or clients. We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM