Leather Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A5 - Crazy Horse Brown
$39.00 USD– Sold Out
Introducing our new leather-bound blank notebook in the highly convenient A5 size. It features the stunning fountain pen friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best selling Leather Notebook Covers.
- Completely flat-lay
- Vegetable tanned cow leather cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 145 x 210 x 20mm (5.70 x 8.26 x 0.8 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
The 52 gsm paper in this A5 leather bound notebook is incredibly thin, and fountain pen-friendly. This paper shows off the beautiful sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper.
Our 52 gsm Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the popular Hobonichi notebooks.
For fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink (that is, those that create subtle color gradations as the ink is applied to the paper) will appreciate how the paper shows off these subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry, will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. You can read more about this in our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
Thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk for the guide sheets. For the images, we give credit to @writetomeoften
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Brown/Distressed
Distressed brown color showing a lot of different brown under-tones including tan, mocha and hickory. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
A5 sizeThis handy A5 size is half the size of a standard A4 notebook. A5 size notebooks are very popular as journals or daily/weekly/monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space for writing on each page without having to impact the size of your handwriting.
This is the only notebook that will hold my illustrated diary for one whole year. It holds watercolor beautifully. The fountain pen glides on the page and the sheen of the ink display nicely too. I've already ordered 2 more and will be back for more for sure.
Sometimes, it is the little luxuries that bring all the joy. This leather bound notebook featuring Tomoe River paper does just that - bring joy. I like the feel of the leather, the smell, and the fountain-pen friendly paper. This is one of those notebooks to journal in and save as a keepsake.
This is a very likeable notebook in a great format. The green B6 is a perfect companion and follows me all the time. It looks good (nice looking green), it feels good (cover have a really nice feel) and the paper is excellent for my fountain pen. I like it a lot and will order more of the same.
... Because I loved my green one so much i had to have the pair. I carry this thing everywhere with me and use it for quick sketches and creative writing ideas so i don't forget them as quick as they come and are gone if you don't write them down.
I got a second green one as the first is almost full. If you love the A5 books this is a must have. It's just a "mini size". You get half the paper with all the love in a size that fits in a Carhartt inside vest/coat pocket so perfectly you'll forget it's there.
It's a must have... Or you can leave them all for me...i don't mind, really...
I've already written 39 pages - I love everything about this note book which is now my journal - the feel of the cover the feel of the paper. The way it sits so flat it is like it invites you to write in it.
I'm currently keeping vigil with my slowly dying father and I've had so many thoughts and feelings to record and this beautiful note book makes such self disclosure wonderfully sympathetic. Like the nobility of the book befits the task of thinking through all that my father means to me. Thank you so much Galen.
God bless your work...instant and permanent fan
I've ordered this brown notebook with the green one, and thought that I would like green one more, but this brown one became my favorite. It is very unique in pattern and texture. I highly recommend this notebook!
I was looking for a notebook with Tomoe River Paper and found this product. The leather cover is lighter than I thought, and the green color is beautiful. It is also nice that it contains blotter and guideline paper, those are very helpful tools.
This leather notebook is fantastic! I love the feel and the looks of it. It lays flat and the paper is amazing! At first, I was not sure about writing on both sides of the paper due to the thinness but it is no problem at all. I use both sides along with the included line guides with no problem whatsoever. The included guides are handy and the blotter sheet is a very nice addition to help with the ink drying time. I highly recommend this leather notebook!
I've just received the Galen Leather Notebook - Tomoe River Paper A6 in Crazy Horse Brown.
It is simply stunning! I can't wait to start using it. It feels sublime in the hand, with soft covers and it lays flat. The combination of the leather cover and the Tomoe River Paper feels amazing.
Beautiful notebook. Glad I could find a fancy leather Tamoe River paper in the A6 size. I will treasure this and get more soon. The Notebook, the tea and coffee gifts, and the Evil Eye trinket made our day! So sweet! Thank you so much!
I would love to be able to get these in other color leather as well.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM