- Completely flat-lay
- Vegetable tanned cow leather cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 145 x 210 x 20mm (5.70 x 8.26 x 0.8 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
The 52 gsm paper in this A5 leather bound notebook is incredibly thin, and fountain pen-friendly. This paper shows off the beautiful sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper.
Our 52 gsm Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the popular Hobonichi notebooks.
For fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink (that is, those that create subtle color gradations as the ink is applied to the paper) will appreciate how the paper shows off these subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry, will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. You can read more about this in our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
Thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk for the guide sheets. For the images, we give credit to @writetomeoften
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Brown/Distressed
Distressed brown color showing a lot of different brown under-tones including tan, mocha and hickory. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
A5 sizeThis handy A5 size is half the size of a standard A4 notebook. A5 size notebooks are very popular as journals or daily/weekly/monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space for writing on each page without having to impact the size of your handwriting.
Fantastic notebook and the best one in production anywhere in the world. The Tomoe River paper is excellent--nothing new there. The cover is perfect and up to Gale Leather's usual high standards.
This is my first purchase from Galen Leather (along with the Kaweco fountain pen) and certainly won't be the last! Such a beautifully made book, incredibly satisfying feel of the leather cover & wonderfully smooth Tomoe River Paper. I didn't think I'd use much of the blotter & lined sheets but am using them everytime! Makes the whole experience that much more special. Love the whole packaging - give that extra premium & from one look, you know the price is well worth it! My only downside is because of how well made it is, it feels too precious to use! Haha! Definitely will get the one in green next. Tempted to buy both colors in every size! Looking forward to the leather color & lined/grid paper expansion of these leather notebooks in the future!
This is my third purchase from Galen Leather. And not only do they ship extremely fast, but their products are fantastic! Superior craftsmanship and the smell/feel of real leather is unbeatable.
I absolutely love this book and I use it as a daily journal. The leather quality is superb and so aesthetically pleasing. I can’t get enough of the wonderful Tomoe River paper. I am so glad they include a box to store the book if needed, as well as a leather blotting sheet and lined sheets in various line sizes to help when writing on the blank pages. Just wonderful.
Having ordered at Galen leather before, my expectations were already high, and still the craftsmanship displayed in the notebook, the great paper and the unboxing experience blew me away. Absolutely beautiful and and still fully functional, laying flat when opened, and coming in robust and nice packaging that kept it in flawless condition despite the far journey. Thank you Galen leather!
I have been purchasing Galen Leather products for several years - they are unique, special and of the highest quality. My latest order was just as amazing as my first - handsome leather goods (pen case, leather covered notebook, air pod cover) and a special edition Kaweco. This is a family business with excellent customer service - a favorite place to shop for leather and writing essentials.
I bought all three sizes in crazy horse leather. The leather imperfections are perfect. The craftsmanship is impeccable. The paper is amazing. Nice job on this one!
This is an exercise book sized notebook that has at least a couple of hundred pages of thin but high quality paper that absorbs fountain pen ink and does not feather or bleed through. The soft leather cover makes this an elegant, and a bit rustic feel about it. The notebook comes with two sheets, double sided each. The first has two sizes of squares, and the second has one narrow line spacing, and one with a broader line spacing. They help the writer to write or draw straight on the blank pages. The temptation to build a collection of journals and notes with a shelf-full of this notebook may be irresistible.
Wonderful service - beautiful notebooks! Love Galen Leather!
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs.
We offer drop shipping services to your customers or clients. We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM