- Completely flat-lay
- Vegetable tanned cow leather cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 145 x 210 x 20mm (5.70 x 8.26 x 0.8 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
Many would agree that there are few papers than can even come close to competing with the quality of Tomoe River Paper when it comes to fountain pen-friendly paper. This high quality 52 gsm paper is incredibly thin and shows off the natural sheen and shimmer in fountain pen inks.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo notebooks.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink (that is, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper), will appreciate how the paper shows off these subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when they fully dry, will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks are given to the Well-Appointed Desk. For the images, we give thanks to @writetomeoften
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Forest Green/Distressed
Distressed dark green color showing under-tones of light green, sacramento and emerald. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
A5 sizeAt half the size of A4, A5 size notebooks are very popular as journals or daily, weekly or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space to write.
Normally, using a bound notebook makes me feel anxious because I'm worried about "ruining" or "sullying" the cover and the pages. Strangely, this notebook had the opposite effect! I took time to smooth some of the etches or "scratches" on the leather surface with a microfibre cloth, then I bent the book similar to the model in the images above. The result was a beautiful, unique pattern on the front and back covers that feels "just right." I'm enjoying writing in this notebook!
Like all of my purchases from Galen Leather, the book is drop-dead gorgeous. I'll be back
This is an extremely well crafted notebook with your known and loved Tomoe River paper. The leather cover finish is so beautiful pictures don’t do it justice. It is soft in the hand but feels very solid when closed. Once opened it stays completely flat on your desk, which is fantastic.
I was impressed with the care not only on the product manufacturing itself but also on the shipping. I was very surprised and pleased when I opened my parcel. I think everyone will feel the same.
This is a beautiful, well crafted journal. It arrived quickly and securely packaged. The team at Galen Leather also included a couple of surprises. Quality product and great customer care.
I’m obsessed with Galen Leather’s tomoe River notebooks especially the everyday notebooks and when I saw this one, I just had to have it. Beautiful green leather. Tomoe River paper. What more can you ask for? It’s perfect
The presentation of this notebook is beautiful and it only gets better from there. The notebook comes in a lovely box that has a magnetic closure, Such a brilliant idea! The leather of the notebook is soft and smooth and just breathtaking. I ordered the Crazy Horse Green to match the Writers Medic Bag. I knew this was going to be beautiful, but seeing it in person, I was amazed. It comes with the guides and the leather page that is included with the other notebooks. This was one of the best purchases I have made in a notebook in a long time. It is stylish, elegant and timeless. It also has Tomoe River Paper. You can't go wrong with this Leather Notebook. You won't regret buying it!
This is as pleasing in hand as it is to the eye! A bendable, beefy, and beautiful notebook. Easily worth the money!
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs.
We offer drop shipping services to your customers or clients. We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM