- Completely flat-lay
- Vegetable tanned cow leather cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 105 × 148 x 20mm (4.13 × 5.83 x 0,8 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
This high quality 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. Tomoe River Paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in fountain pen inks unlike any other paper.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink (those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper), will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry, will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
Thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk for the guide sheet and @writetomeoften for the images
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Forest Green/Distressed
Distressed dark green color showing under-tones of light green, sacramento and emerald. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
Wow, I didn’t think a notebook could be this nice. Absolutely beautiful all around. Works great with everything I’ve thrown at it from pencil to light washes of watercolor and wet fountain pen inks. 10/10
I bought this little notebook because it's made of Tomoe River paper, which is the best for fountain pens and at the same time incredibly thin. The notebook comes with guider sheets and a leathery blotter, so it's very useable right away.
This notebook is the only one I found that has not only the right size, but also enough pages to make it a daily agenda. I'm working on that right now, it'll be my agenda for next year. So I can tell that it is easy to open and lies almost flat.
In addition, it's very good that is has a leather cover. This will ensure that daily use will not destroy it but make it more beautiful. The leather has a nice colour and is not too thick, very useable. It has the leather smell, but it's only noticeable when you actually sniff on the cover.
The only thing I don't like so much is the company logo on the back. Fortunately, it's not ugly, and it's golden, which I also like.
Along with the notebook came a lot of little presents. Opening the package, I felt as if it was my birthday. So all in all, I'm very pleased and am pretty sure that my next agenda will come from Istanbul as well.
Le cuir est très beau et très doux, le tomoe river est un papier extraordinaire pour les amateurs de stylo plume. Merci pour votre excellent travail, c'est un plaisir de s'offrir de si jolies choses
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs.
We offer drop shipping services to your customers or clients. We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM