Leather Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A6 - Crazy Horse Brown
We still use old Tomoe River paper in our notebooks.
Introducing our new leather-bound blank notebook in A6 size. It features the stunning fountain pen friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best selling Leather Notebook Covers.
- Completely flat-lay
- Vegetable tanned cow leather cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 105 × 148 x 20mm (4.13 × 5.83 x 0,8 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
This high quality 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. Tomoe River Paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in fountain pen inks unlike any other paper.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink (those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper), will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry, will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
Thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk for the guide sheet and @writetomeoften for the images
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Brown/Distressed
Distressed brown color showing a lot of different brown under-tones including tan, mocha and hickory. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I've just received the Galen Leather Notebook - Tomoe River Paper A6 in Crazy Horse Brown.
It is simply stunning! I can't wait to start using it. It feels sublime in the hand, with soft covers and it lays flat. The combination of the leather cover and the Tomoe River Paper feels amazing.
Beautiful notebook. Glad I could find a fancy leather Tamoe River paper in the A6 size. I will treasure this and get more soon. The Notebook, the tea and coffee gifts, and the Evil Eye trinket made our day! So sweet! Thank you so much!
I would love to be able to get these in other color leather as well.
This is my first leather notebook and it is stunning? TRP in cream colour makes it delicious! I love the size, the beauty of the leather cover and the soft pages. It’s the perfect notebook to have.
Galenleather.com just sent me a email said I bought this notebook 28 days ago，want me share review
Ok，my feedback is I written almost half of this notebook in 28 days，time to buy more
This notebook is so luxurious that it's almost a pity to use it. :-). Very nice paper and cover, which is soft and a pleasure to hold in your hand.
Too bad, though, that there was this little wrinkle on the first few pages in one of them... see picture. Maybe this could have been caught in quality control?
I love the A5 format... It's perfect for me. I have an everyday original notebook that came in a zipper bag a long time ago I love and can't wait to be able to get a notebook cover for it. But I needed a new book to keep track of all my ink samples I've tried and I saw this and I had to have it!
Not only is the cover stronger and thicker than my original but I'm in love with the crazy horse green color of it and want everything they make in that color when I'm able to get to. Plus being my first A6 they for perfectly in my back or best pocket which I never realized. And with all the classic Tomoe River paper you simply cannot find a better blank notebook if 52gsm is your thing and not in this size period. I will be getting the others in this size out of love and the rest of the green family to match. And their packaging and presentation and packaging is the best. It's like a taste of turkey and Europe in a package. And on a cold morning is like a little warm hug and nostalgia of my time in Europe to make me smile.
Thank you guys... You're the best!
Galen Leather Knocked it out of the park yet again. This notebook is a fantastic addition to the A5 folio as if they were meant to be. The fit and finish of the leather and binding are perfect and I am very excited to start journaling in this notebook!
Me encanta este cuaderno. El papel es de gran calidad y se abre por completo para poder escribir cómodamente. Viene dentro de una caja de cartón muy resistente y bonita y una muestra de cuero para secar la tinta de las plumas.
No será el último cuaderno que compre en la tienda.
El envío fue rápido, sin problemas.
I ordered one in each size and I absolutely love them. The quality is great and my fountain pens write beautifully in them. I ordered 3 more in the other color. It shipped out quickly at I got them in record time! I can't wait until they start to patina and show the everyday use wear and tear. If you can't decide if you want to get one, just do yourself a favor and buy it. You will not be disappointed.
Galen Leather's new leather-bound blank notebook is fantastic! Beautiful packaging to start - the magnetic closure is a nice touch. As a fan of Tomoe River paper, this book has plenty to offer, 200 sheets/400 pages! While blank pages are not my first choice, the included line and grid guides are useful and I've been using them to keep everything straight. The leather cover, in a perfect dark green, is just right, not too stiff and not too flexible. The cover will fold all the way back, still allowing you to write. Show through on the white, 52gsm paper can be an issue, but I have not found it distracting when using both sides of the page. This is my first leather-bound notebook from Galen and will not be my last.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1 week to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM