Leather Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A6 - Crazy Horse Brown
We still use old Tomoe River paper in our notebooks.
Introducing our new leather-bound blank notebook in A6 size. It features the stunning fountain pen friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best selling Leather Notebook Covers.
- Completely flat-lay
- Vegetable tanned cow leather cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 105 × 148 x 20mm (4.13 × 5.83 x 0,8 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
This high quality 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. Tomoe River Paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in fountain pen inks unlike any other paper.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink (those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper), will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry, will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
Thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk for the guide sheet and @writetomeoften for the images
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Brown/Distressed
Distressed brown color showing a lot of different brown under-tones including tan, mocha and hickory. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Beautiful leather notebook and the best quality!
But now I have it in my greedy little paws. I really, REALLY don’t want to give it to my husband for his birthday. I want to keep it all to myself, I’m so bad.
This is an exceptional notebook. The feel of the leather is amazing. I almost don’t want to be caught feeling up on my notebook all the time. The flexibility and lay-flat nature are very convenient. The only thing I would pick at as that I wish the binding was sturdier. I keep my notebook stored in the case provided but some of the pages are tearing away from the adhesive. Otherwise great notebook. I just ordered 5 more!
The cover is gorgeous and the paper is wonderful.
I am going to have to be getting more of these, as this has become my favorite notebook to write in.
I have also suggested to Goulet Pens that they stock these.
I've used Tomoe River notebooks for as long as they've been available and had settled into 68gsm dot grid layouts available from other sources. Having tried this Galen Leather notebook with 52gsm blank pages, I'm loving it and likely won't go back to the 68gsm version.
The B6 size is absolutely perfect for planning out my day and taking meeting notes. It lies wonderfully flat and stays closed without needing an elastic to hold it shut. The leather looks great and feels wonderful in my hand. I think it's a steal at $29.
Great quality notebook. The TRP is my favourite especially for fountain pen usage. It does not bleed through. This is a great EDC notebook for my business and will definitely purchase more. Absolutely brilliant! Life long customer here.
This leather notebook is of great quality for the price. Despite the thin sheets of paper, it does not feel flimsy or delicate in terms of binding. The Tomoe River paper, despite being so thin, does not bleed through at all. I had an accident with my fountain pen the other day (using Noodler's Black Ink) and dripped too much ink in one spot. The ink spot did not bleed through at all to the other side, and the included blotting paper absorbed the rest of the ink so that it would not stain the other page. Wonderful notebook and I have already bought another notebook from Galen, though in size A6. Definitely a lifelong customer from here on out.
I just love this notebook so much I am two more!
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM