Everyday Blank Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A5 Size - 400 Pages
Introducing our new bound blank notebook in A5 size. It features the stunning fountain pen-friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best-selling Leather Notebook Covers and A5 journal covers. It's quite possibly one of the best journals for fountain pens.
Reviews On YouTubeOur specially crafted black A5 size notebook is made of Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper, known as the best fountain pen-friendly paper. Each notebook contains 400 pages and is hand-bound with traditional bookbinding techniques. If you're looking for a stylish blank page notebook, then this is the one for you. You can even choose the leather color of your choice including the ever-popular, timeless, and stylish black journal. This 400-page journal pairs so beautifully with our stylish black leather notebook cover.
- Completely flat-lay
- Comes in a magnetic closure cardboard box.
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
A5 Notebook Size
At half the size of the A4, A5 sized notebooks are very popular as journals, daily or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space.
Regret, regret, regret that I did not order more of these. I definitely will come back for more. When Galen says it lays flat they mean it: FLAT, E.V.E.R.Y. S.I.N.G.L.E. P.A.G.E.! Especially for those who use their notebooks in a leather cover this is crutial for writing comfort. The paper itself really takes every pen: fountain pen, highlighter, ballpoint obviously- all of them just glide through the pages. And I don't know how they do it, but even on my worst day, my penmanship still looks clean and harmonious. It is very hard for me now to use other notebooks I have to say. Chapeau Galen Leather!
One of its kind; the best notebook available for your treasured fountain pen. I also own the slim notebook cover and can highly recommend this purchase with the notebook. It’s a pair that just belonged together for perfection.
The quality and workmanship of this notebook is excellent. It is beautiful to write on and look at on the desk. Good value too. I like that it comes with a writing guide lined and grid. I also loved the little extras too - charm, stickers, tea bag and a lovely hand written note. I will be buying from Galen Leather again in the future. Thank you.
Love this paper. Takes fountain pen ink well. And fits the slim cover perfectly. Did take a little coaxing to get it perfect, but once everything is 'broken in' there are no complaints!
Excellent notebook, high-quality paper, smooth & thin, 400 pages. Highly recommended.
I love these notebooks. The paper is light but a joy to write on as it’s beautifully smooth.
The case, guides and blotter make it feel really special too.
My B5 is ginormous. I am beyond satisfied with my new journal. All of this tomoe river paper excellence with so much space to journal in. I can't believe it. What a beauty; what a find!
The excellent quality you expect from tomoe river. Some show through but worth the writing quality.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM