Writer's Medic Bag - Crazy Horse Forest Green
100% HANDMADE IN TURKEY
PRODUCT:Handmade Leather Writer's Medic Bag
Crazy Horse Forest Green
Distressed dark green color showing under-tones of light green, sacramento and emerald. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
In honour of our founder Zeynep's last design, we've finally brought her dream to life. As a lover of all things vintage, she was inspired by the design of a traditional medic messenger bag and adapted it to incorporate the Galen Leather product range.
The Writer's Medic Bag will light up any writer's imagination. With compartments for leather notebooks, leather journals, fancy pens and accessories, you can easily take all your writing essentials with you wherever your work takes you. This is the perfect writer's gift or gift for fellow lovers and collectors of our Galen Leather handmade leather goods. Now you can keep all your favourite items together and take them on your next adventure! The gorgeous distressed forest green colour is a long time favourite from our leather collection so it was no wonder we had to include it in the Writer's Medic Bag.
11.4” x 7.87” x 3.14” | 2 lbs - 29 x 20 x 8 cm | 0.9 Kg
The interior dimensions of the main pocket
16 x 27 x 3.5 cm - 11.4” x 6.3” x 1.5”
INSPIRATION:Here is the setup by @micahfinds
I have been wanting a Writers Medic Bag for some time now. Knowing that it was Zeynep's Design idea and knowing the Story of Galen Leather made it all the more poignant to me. Now that I have had it for a few weeks I can honestly say this bag is beyond amazing. It stands beautifully on its own, opens easily and has a surprising level of space with the elastic divider. Ample loops for Pens or other tools and a spacious interior zippered pouch allow for storage of almost anything a Writer could want. Myself I picked it up for a Game that I play, hence the Review Title. It is absolutely perfect for this task, it holds everything available for the game with room to spare and makes for an excellent Presentation Piece on the table as well. If you are 'on the fence' about this as a Purchase I urge you to take that last step and get yourself one.
This is such an amazing bag; I love the size, the quality, and the functionality. It holds my travelers notebook and four others. I have seven pens in it, and it is the perfect companion when I want to sit out and write. The leather looks and feels great, and has that amazing leather smell. Shipping was so fast as well.
My only complaint is that I wish the post that you use to fasten it close was something flatter, so the front would lay flatter when opened. Other than that, incredible!
I am really pleased to used this writer's boxe. I could easily bring my watercolors with me.
The title quote being what I said on a trip to the grocery store the day I got this bag. It was my Christmas present from my family and I couldn’t be happier. The grey color is so neutral but also modern, and I simply can’t wait to see how it ages. It’s as beautiful as I imagined and I can’t wait to work it into my day.
In case you haven’t watched hands-on videos, note that this bag is squire small. The largest cross section is about the same LxW as my 11” iPad and the Apple Pencil doesn’t sit very comfortably in its magnetic home on the edge of the ipad because of that (but there are pen holders galore for that). The small size is a feature, not a bug, though. I almost opted for the XL size, but I think that it would’ve just been too massive for me to feel like I can use it on a daily basis. I just want to be able to get out and get writing and this bag is just perfect for that.
Now don’t mind me I’m gonna go climb in bed with my new writer’s bag…
I absolutely love my Crazy Horse Tan Medic Bag. I smile every time I look at it!! Thanks to Instagram, I saw this beautiful bag online and then had to have it (Merry Christmas to me haha!)
The feel of the leather is amazing, it smells great and it has be beautifully created. The packaging it came in demonstrates the extra care and attention to detail that the Galen Leather Co. have for their products and the little addition of thanks (tea/coffee and post card) were a nice touch.
I understand the creator sadly didn’t get to see her design come to life, but I have no doubt she knows this beautiful piece has been created on her behalf. You have done her proud.
It is hands down the most beautiful bag I own and I love using it.The ability to pop in all of my journaling bits and pieces and take it wherever I like, is wonderful and very handy.
I really love it , the design is wonderful and as every Galen leather product, the quality is superb.
I got mine in my most lovable leather crazy horse navy.
I first discovered this bag through Goulet Pens' website a couple months ago, in early July. I only managed to last a few days before I caved in and bought one for myself -- the craftmanship at display here was simply too alluring, I could hardly resist. And for once, my impulsive material desires have rewarded me! This medic bag design is not only a treat to gander at, as I make sure to always leave it on the corner of my desk for ease of admiration, but it's also a wonderfully-executed masterwork of creative utility. This bag can easily contain everything I need to fuel a spate of artistic expression, all conveniently accessible through a small, secure leather latch and a series of magnets that pull free with a satisfying pop. I carry a myriad of fountain pens and pencils in mine, along with some extra stationary, personal keepsakes, a landscape Write Co. landscape notepad, and a Galen Leather Zippered A5 Folio that contains my journal/sketchbook, and even more pens!
Though the included strap may not inspire 100% confidence in its security, as it feels it may potentially pop loose after some years of wear, I am still thoroughly satisfied with this brilliantly-designed bag. I'd be more than happy to make any modifications to make sure that I can use this bag for many, many years to come. It's a work of art!
I love my green medic bag. Nowadays, when everything is measured by utility and convenience, is easy to forget that there was a time when beauty mattered. Galen Leather has done a great job rescuing the joy of owning and using beautiful things. Some writers think this is superfluous. I disagree!
Within seconds of taking my medic bag in my hand, it became one of my favorite things that I own. I can carry my fountain pens, journals, and extra stationery supplies easily with this bag. It is comfortable to wear like a backpack and looks really stylish! The leather has a great quality and the entirety of this bag’s design was done wonderfully!
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM