Leather Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A5 - Crazy Horse Forest Green
Introducing our new leather-bound blank notebook in A5 size. It features the stunning fountain pen-friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best-selling Leather Notebook Covers.
Our specially crafted A5 size Tomoe River Paper Notebooks are made of Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper, known as the best fountain pen-friendly paper. Each notebook contains 400 pages and is hand-bound with traditional bookbinding techniques. It's available in a variety of colors including this very stylish Crazy Horse Forest Green.
- Completely flat-lay
- Comes in a magnetic closure cardboard box.
- Vegetable-tanned cow leather cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 145 x 210 x 20mm (5.70 x 8.26 x 0.8 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
Many would agree that there are few papers than can even come close to competing with the quality of Tomoe River Paper when it comes to fountain pen-friendly paper. This high quality 52 gsm paper is incredibly thin and shows off the natural sheen and shimmer in fountain pen inks.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo notebooks.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink (that is, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper), will appreciate how the paper shows off these subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when they fully dry, will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks are given to the Well-Appointed Desk. For the images, we give thanks to @writetomeoften
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Forest Green/Distressed
Distressed dark green color showing under-tones of light green, sacramento and emerald. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
A5 sizeAt half the size of A4, A5 size notebooks are very popular as journals or daily, weekly or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space to write.
I’m really impressed with the quality of the workmanship of the notebook. I will definitely buy again. Thank you so much for the free goodies, including a really nice leather pen sleeve!
I already expected it to be amazing and knew I’d love it. But upon receiving it, I was so much happier than anticipated. The quality is incredible, the Tomoe River paper (well, it’s Tomoe River, how can it not be great? I love it! Especially the 52gsm) and the shipping was super fast and the customer service sets the bar high, this level of customer service is what other companies should strive for and try to reach. Absolutely 10/10 don’t hesitate, trust me when I say, you’ll be placing more orders soon after your first with Galen Leather. I ordered 3 more of these and an A5 Zipfolio in Natural a couple weeks after receiving this order. And I’ll definitely be back for much more Galen Leather goodies soon! Thanks Yunus and Galen Leather Team! <3
The A6Everyday Notebook is a great size to just slip in your bag or keep on your nightstand. Although I really do like the Crazy Horse Brown, I'm looking forward to it becoming available in Crazy Horse Forest Green. Takes ink well.
This is a beautifully made notebook with a beautiful dark green cover (although it may not show in the picture). The paper works well with my fountain pens.
I was very excited to try out this notebook after discovering Tomoe River paper and expanding my pen selection from simple gel pens to fountain pens and others that are more likely to bleed through normal paper. I was delighted by the product when it arrived as it was very thoughtfully packaged and included not only a leather blotting page but also a lined page of different spacing to guide my writing despite preferring blank pages overall.
The problem was that over time the book did not hold up well. The paper block has been separated from the leather cover which not only gives the notebook a loose feel when being held but several of the signatures are significantly offset from the rest and results in them getting worn and dirty--it also looks bad. Additionally, while the signatures are sewn together there is nothing else keeping them tight so over the period of filling a 400-page notebook, not a short amount of time, they too also separate.
I would love for this to be a go-to for me but it doesn't hold up well enough--especially not well enough to justify the cost.
I am just in love with this notebook. I am using it for my ink swathes for fountain pens. It would also make a great gift for someone who loves writing with fountain pens or for someone who loves drawing. This size is also perfect to take it with me everywhere. 5 Stars from me
Oh I love this thing. I got it to have paper that works with fountain ink. This is being used as a sketchbook and I’ve been having a lot of fun. Next time I’ll buy the Forest Green version.
The quality is very nice. Beautiful leather, amazing paper, came right on time without any problems. I definitely will buy more in the future.
I don’t know if anyone has the spine like this but the notebook is great but majority of my stitching looks open and bothers me
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM