Leather Slim A5 Notebook / Planner Cover - Crazy Horse Brown
This leather cover is compatible with the following notebooks: Galen Everyday Notebook, Stalogy 365, Life A5, Apica CD A5, Logical Prime A5, Midori MD A5, Hobonichi Cousin A5, Kleid A5, Yamamoto A5, Nanami A5, Galen Leather notebooks A5, and all softcover notebooks in A5 size.
100% Handmade in Turkey
Handmade Crazy Horse Brown Leather Slim A5 Notebook / Planner Cover
Crazy Horse Brown / Distressed
The distressed brown color shows various brown undertones, including tan, mocha, and hickory. Crazy Horse is a very soft and less processed type of leather, it ages and softens quicker than regular leather and has a finish that feels like suede. For this reason, scratches may occur on the leather over time, depending on use. This condition is a highly sought-after feature for some leather lovers called patina. If you think these scratches will make you unhappy, we recommend that you look at our polished leather products. Read more about our leather options.
Our Handmade Leather Slim A5 Notebook Cover is the perfect way to store your daily essentials for business, study, or personal use. This simple leather case is functional, stylish, and does not have any attachments. Throughout our experience, we have learned what designs work and what designs don’t. This simple cover doesn’t have the functional risks that a more complex design may have. It keeps your notebooks and favorite pen safe and secure, preventing them from scattering in your bag.
- The elastic pen holder has a semi-leather/semi-elastic design. The elastic wraps the pen while a piece of leather is visible from the outside, giving you a secure but aesthetic design. Writing utensils of different thicknesses fit the pen holder, even the MB 149.
- When you place the notebook in the case, the piece of leather that comes under the cover is the same size as the notebook. Therefore, there is no difference in elevation on the surface while writing, and you can always write on a flat surface.
- When the notebook is in the sheath, it does not make a full opening pot thanks to the stretches on the underside of the cover.
- Two separate slots for a pen, card, paper, or ephemera.
Dimensions and Compatibility:
- Outside Dimension - 16 x 22 cm (6.3 x 8.6 inches)
- A5 softcover notebooks (hardcover notebooks may not fit as they protrude). Show all compatible notebooks.
- Galen Everyday Notebook, Stalogy 365, Life A5, Apica CD A5, Logical Prime A5, Midori MD A5, Hobonichi Cousin A5, Kleid A5, Yamamoto A5, Nanami A5, Galen Leather notebooks A5, and all softcover notebooks in A5 size.
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather - Full Grain
- In order to make the case more elegant and lighter, the leather used in this product has been thinned, and its surface is full-grain leather.
- Cotton elastic
Handmade in Turkey
Your leather cover will arrive in a cardboard box with a maker certificate. Learn more about our signature packaging here.
**The accessories in the picture are not included, the case is the only product included.
This cover is perfect. It is soft and well stitched and snug. I love Japanese paper and the Midori A5 notebook is a wonderful notebook with a dull cover. This Galen Leather cover is a match made in heaven. The pen in the penholder is the Esterbrook Estie Ebony and it's a gurthy big pen. The lovely sticker was on the paper band around the cover with a beautiful mission statement. I put the sticker in the notebook, becausse that is what fans do. ;)
This is the 7th item I buy from this store and it is just perfection. The color is exactly like the pictures, and it's so soft. I also love the little pouches where they send coffee and tea. They are perfect for cable organization. Also the box where everything comes in is so sturdy and well done. I have them all, I can't throw them away they are beautiful. Everything about this store is amazing. I have been a customer for 5 years and this definitely won't be my last purchase.
At first I wasn’t sure how I would like a cover without some sort of closure to secure it, but after a few months in it I am in love! I’m planning on getting other colors, so I can change with the seasons!
I received/bought a A5 slim notebook cover and it is perfect. It feels nice and works , looks nice, and the leather smells good. Quality right trough the whole product. And the package is a experience its self.
I’le be back for more in the future!👍😉📙📚✒️🖋
After having a few Galen products, I have come to expect a high quality product, and this delivers. I have a Cosmo Air Lite 400 page notebook that I need a cover for so it didn't get destroyed in my book bag. I was initially nervous that it wouldn't fit since it was so thick. It fits as if it were made especially for it. I am beyond satisfied with this notebook cover and may have to pick up a few more when they get back in stock
Also the pen loop is fantastic, It fits most small to medium pens like the Lamy 2000 or Sailor 1911L and other equivalent sized pens
I’ve ordered a bunch of Galen products and I love every one. I use the planner cover for my hobonichi techno cousin and it fits perfectly. Another quality product!
There appears to be several work imperfections in the leather but really noticeable in this green color I received. It is on the front-top, back-top and back-bottom where some scoring was done to it. However the biggest problem for me is fitting large Nanami notebooks like the 400 page does not fit in either A5 or A6 covers. It is just too tight and if it is in, the back binding is curved in stress so may be it will stretch out but not the same experience coming from high end leather covers.
I have two undyed leathers and when it was stacked with the green immediately rubbed coloration. I will keep it away from everything until it was wear-off/worn in a bit; hope it is just a new batch shipped out that did not have its time.
I've derived so much joy from this leather notebook cover. Every time I use it, I run my hands over the smooth leather, it's just too lovely for words. Since it is hand-made, every piece is unique. It did start off a little bit stiff on first use, and I did have issues fitting the notebook into the cover. It softens over time, however, so subsequent refilling is much easier.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM