100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:Handmade Crazy Horse Smoky Grey Leather Slim B6 Notebook / Planner Cover
Distressed brown color showing a lot of different brown under-tones including tan, mocha and hickory. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
Open 29.5 cm x 19.5 cm (11.6 x 7.7 inches)
Closed 14 cm x 19.5 cm (5.5 x 7.7 inches)
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather
- Hand stitched using waxed polyamide thread
Save yourself the hassle of digging around your bag for your notebook and pen again with this classy notebook cover. Our Handmade Crazy Horse Smoky Grey Leather Slim B6 Notebook / Planner Cover is the perfect way to store your everyday notebook for work, study or personal use. The simple, slim design ensures an effortless fit in your handbag, backpack or briefcase, so you can carry it wherever you go.
- B6 size soft covered notebooks and Everyday Book Blank B6 400 pages
Can also store other accessories (as pictured):
- A pen
- Credit Cards
*Pen and accessories are not included
This notebook cover is made with quality in mind. They actually do make them when ordered so I had to wait about a week or two for the cover to be made, plus the shipping time which was quite fast.
When I ordered it, I was thinking I was only getting the cover by itself in some common packaging box. But to my surprise, it came in this fancy cardboard box which contain the following:
1. a red zip bag which contains a thank-you/info card that is probably handwritten (the ink had some light and dark areas suggesting it's handwritten),
2. three packets of tea and coffee from Turkey,
3. a beautiful postcard,
4. a card/certificate detailing who and when the leather good is made,
5. a coupon for the next purchase,
6. a leather pen sleeve,
7. and the leather B6 notebook cover.
The Notebook Cover:
I have a B6 notebook that is 15x182x128mm in size with a paperboard cover. This leather cover fits just right although it was a bit of a challenge to slip the notebook's soft paperboard cover into the sleeves.
The sleeves where you insert the notebook's paperboard cover each have a horizontal slit that runs almost across the sleeve so you can store credit card/bookmark in it. You can also use the sleeve itself to store any cards that won't fit the slit.
The backside sleeve has a little folded loop on the top right corner for attaching a medium-sized pen. Upon opening and closing the notebook, the paperboard cover does tend to slip out from the sleeve since nothing is holding it in place. So, adjustments and care need to be taken when closing (or opening) the notebook. This is just how it is.
This leather cover does have this weird but pleasant smell (imagine the sensation of smelling gasoline), probably from the dyeing and curing process of the leather. It kinda smells like gunpowder and that's not exactly bad to me.
I chose Crazy Horse Brown because I find it to be a better shade of brown plus the rustic look. The leather is quite smooth, soft and relatively thick.
Although the thread for stitching the whole cover looks thin, it's most likely a double stitch (very durable stitching method that uses two threads) because I do not see any markings from a sewing machine imprinted along the stitch line. Take this with a grain of salt though because I'm not an expert. I only picked up some leather knowledge from watching Youtube videos.
The Extra Goodies:
I haven't tried the coffee and tea packets yet so I can't say much about that but I do enjoy tasting foreign brands of tea and coffee.
The red zip bag is just about as big as my notebook and currently holds my brush-pens, the leather pen sleeve and some of the cards all together.
The leather pen sleeve is made with a different colour and thickness of leather. It would be nice if it matched the notebook cover but, hey, it's free. The fact that that was included along with the other stuff is already proof that the manufacturer cares and takes pride with their products. So, there's no problem with that.
As for the cards, well, those are straightforward. I use some of them as bookmarks and keep the rest around with the fancy box as it feels rude to just throw them out (They really went all out after all).
This rustic leather cover is wonderful. It always brings an extra sense of pleasure whenever I write in my notebook. I've only had it for about a month but I'm sure it will serve me well for many more years to come. Thank you Galen Leather for this wonderful notebook cover.
After using her for almost two years now, I am still so smitten with this piece…she’s currently being used for moon journaling, and I really couldn’t have chosen a more suitable option…all of the character and little imperfections acquired over time just add to the absolute perfection of her which is so reminiscent of the moon…love her!
Bought this hoping it would fit the common planner full year and it does! So excited to us this. It is not too bulky, minimal and handles well being tossed in my work bag. Love the pen loop to always ensure I have a pen instead of dig around.
It's hard to find a good B6 sized cover, but this one is great! Make sure and fill it with a notebook that doesn't have a thick spine or cover, otherwise it won't shut correctly.
Well, what can I say... This is my 2nd purchase for the same cover (size and colour).
Love the leather feel and colour. Using with Stalogy B6 (365 days) which fit perfectly.
Très belle couverture, avec un cuir fin mais qui a de la tenue, ce qui est un bel exploit. La couleur et la qualité du cuir sont super!
J'ai ajouté un élastique pour qu'il reste bien fermé quand je l'emmène avec moi. J'y ai mis mon Stalogy 1/2 year, mais je l'ai également essayé avec le 365 jours et il convient parfaitement.
The colour is absolutely gorgeous in real life. Nice and light and can fit the A6 Hobonichi planner perfectly as well. There’s a pocket slit at the back where I thread through an elastic from my Travelers passport that I use as extra security when I want it closed inside my handbag. But here I’ve got the Galen bookmark wrapped around it. Highly recommend!
So thankful for this cover. The Crazy Horse Smoky is such a beautiful neutral. My first Galen purchase and I'm extremely happy with the quality.
The cover is amazing! Sturdy and a beauty! but the loophole is not quite as firm. I put my pilot custom 823 through the loophole and well, it is a tight fit. It's been about two days and the loophole is coming apart a little bit. Overall an amazing cover! Just wished the loophole was more elastic or a little bigger to fit my pen.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM