Vintage Inspired Brass Combine Tool - Protractor - 14 cm
100% Handmade in Turkey
Solid Brass Antique-Inspired Protractor and Combined Tool
This is the perfect antique-inspired accessory for your desk or to carry with your journal. Made of 100% solid brass and etched for durability with metric scales. The combined tool includes a protractor, french curve, triangles, and circle gauge. It makes the perfect reference point for all applications.
Also Available In Imperial (Inches) scale: Brass Protractor Imperial Scale
- Length: 14 cm (140 mm)
- Ruler 14 cm (140 mm)
- Black etched scale
- Thick brass
- French curve
- Triangles 30, 45, 60 degrees
- Circle gauged 6 sizes
- Good for cutting
- Handcrafted in Istanbul, Turkey
What is a protractor?
The protractor is an instrument used for measuring angles. The protractor is usually had semi-circle size divided into one hundred and eighty parts or a full circle divided into three hundred and sixty parts.
What is the French curve?
A French curve is a template composed of many different curves. It is used in manual drafting and in fashion design to draw smooth curves of varying radii.
Please note: The brass is unpolished, and will contain superficial scratches throughout. Expect this protractor to appear somewhat industrial in nature.
Galen Leather is unmatched in quality and presentation. Elevates my work, my confidence, my happiness with life!
2 years ago, I bought the combined drafting tool with a an imperial scale. At the time, the laser cut template had extremely sharp edges and the finish of the edge was qite rough. For this reason, I did not recommend the otherwise fine tool for use with fountain pens with gold nibs (scratching and damage to the nib). I worked around the problem by using a brass polishing agent and the included steel wool pad to soften the edges and cutouts.
I have now acquired a second tool, with a metric scale, that is far more useful to me. It seems to be a new version.
While the above problems have been resolved by the manufacturer I now have two items of criticism:
a) Not all measurments have been converted to metric. In particular, the circular cutouts are still notated in imperial 1/8 inches, rendering them useless for my purposes.
b) The measurements are now printed onto the stencil and are not anymore laser engraved. Additionally, the stencil seems to have been covered with some lacquer protective coating. Applying the steel wool (still included) and the brass cleaning agent will now remove the coating as well as the printed measurnents, ruining the instrument entirely.
A great pity for a great tool that I used at school some 50 years ago.
The brass loveliness of this is an asset to any desk. Not to be stuck away in a drawer, but out to enhance your work environment. Love it!
This distinctaive brass peoce will make you the envy of all your nerd friends! A ruler, a straight-edge, and a curve edge, a compass, and on and on, you will love it just for its beautiful design and attractiveness!
What more could you want. It is going to be used as part of my zendoodling. So pretty but yet functional and sturdy as well.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM