Scrikss 419 Fountain Pen Beige
Scrikss is a leading Turkish manufacturer of writing instruments. The company was established in 1964 in Istanbul and has a flourishing legacy of more than 50 years.
The legendary SCRIKSS Fountain pen 419, has gained the great appreciation of pen lovers all around the world. It is being re-produced in limited edition to create a pleasant nostalgia. The Beige 419 Fountain Pen is designed for conventional ink, and comes with a sensitive medium nib and a transparent window on the barrel so you can visually gauge the ink level.
With a retro design, inspired by the legendary "419" pen, the Scrickss fountain pen has a piston loading system. The piston mechanism is integrated into the body itself.
The 419 fountain pen is made of gloss black lacquered acrylic resin while the nib and stainless steel accessories are plated in 23 karat gold. This is a pen that will is sure to delight modern, nostalgic collectors.
Scrikss 419 Fountain Pen Specifications:
- Finish: Acrylic Resin
- Trims and Clip: 23k gold plated stainless steel
- Nib: No. 5 gold plated stainless steel, European Medium point
- Filling System: Piston mechanism (bottled ink fill only)
- Compatible with our handmade leather single pen sleeve in crazy horse brown
- Pen Length, closed: 4.95 in. / 124.8 mm
- Pen Length, open, cap off:
- Pen Length, open, cap posted: 5.8 in. / 148 mm
- Pen Diameter, barrel: 12mm
- Pen Diameter, section:
- Pen Total Weight: 0.42oz. / 12 g
- Many colours
- Fair price
- Juicy feed
- Nice nib scrollwork
- Good quality steel nib (no lopsided tipping, straight vertical slit, smooth enough out of the box, and actually writes!!)
- Cheaper alternative to a Pelikan
- Only 1 nib size
- No silver trim option
- The plastic feels flimsy and cheap
Overall very good value for the price. Recommend!
I am very pleasantly surprised! It was able to write beautifully right out of the box! The nib is a medium and in reverse it’s a fine. I wasn’t sure how much I was going to get in reverse but it handled. A very pleasant writer and I am very confident it will be able to hold up against my daily use.
My one complaint is it is on the smaller side also being a little lighter ( but this isn’t a really a serious complaint ) but between my Lamy, FWP carousel, and TSWBI eco it has the better of the posting so it becomes very comfortable in my giant ham.
I highly recommend it the dark green reminds me of a forest green!
Quite simply love at first write!
Completely recommend. Of course Galen leather was a real pleasure to work with answering my questions and shipping was relatively quick. With the extra goodies they send along with it makes it such joy to open.
-Small unposted (again just nitpicking)
-Only comes in medium (writes in F in reverse, and I prefer pens in medium anyway. Just thinking of others)
Will most likely buy another in a other colour.
I bought this pen after some reflection and seeing the reviews. I did a leap pf faith and bought it 2 in a row.
I'm super satisfied with the product.
Its smooth, fits perfectly the hand, and the writing... That is something special :)
Doesn't leave any smudge. At all!!
Congratulations for the product!
I have been really happy with this pen. It’s quite small, almost identical in size and weight to the Pelikan M200. It has been a really smooth writer straight out of the box. I sketch as much as write with my fountain pens and this one is great for that. Being a piston filler, it holds a good amount of ink for a small pen.
I think the gold against the dark red looks lovely too.
I would recommend this pen for your collection or as a first fountain pen.
I really love the color of this pen, it has a nice vintage look. The pen is on the smaller size, and it is also very light weight. The inside piston part is white so I imagine that after some time it will become stained with ink, but it doesn't bother me. works lovely!
Awesome little, great pen! It was a really nice surprise. I bought it in burgundy and it was love at first sight. The pen is light, well balanced and fits well in my hand. I use it with posted cap, but I find no trouble also without posting the cap. The piston works greatly, too. The nib writes very, very smoothly. And what say about the packaging? Simply fantastic! Last but not least the service: excellent communication, tracking and even a little gift! 😊
The Scrikss 419 Fountain Pen in black has a classic look, is light, comfortable to write with for long periods, and as a piston filler it holds a lot of ink. Its medium nib writes smoothly and lays down a nice wet line. I love mine.
I currently have it inked with diamine earl grey. Here are my initial thoughts: it is a small pen, in between a mini and a regular pen, it is super light, the color is beautiful and the golden accent is nice, it is a vaccum fill, but the twist is clicky which not sure if I like yet.
Writing: it is a smooth writer, ink flows very well, short nib with a touch of flex. The writing offers a very satisfying feedback for me, and the bit of flex looks nice in my opinion.
Overall: I love the look and feel of the pen, it's reminiscent of pens I had as a kid when fountain pens were widely used, the nib is where it is a fairly good quality. It gives a satisfying write for how light it is.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM