Leather Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A6 - Crazy Horse Brown
We still use old Tomoe River paper in our notebooks.
Introducing our new leather-bound blank notebook in A6 size. It features the stunning fountain pen friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best selling Leather Notebook Covers.
- Completely flat-lay
- Vegetable tanned cow leather cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 105 × 148 x 20mm (4.13 × 5.83 x 0,8 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
This high quality 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. Tomoe River Paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in fountain pen inks unlike any other paper.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink (those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper), will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry, will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
Thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk for the guide sheet and @writetomeoften for the images
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Brown/Distressed
Distressed brown color showing a lot of different brown under-tones including tan, mocha and hickory. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I have been exploring to get few Tomoe River notebooks for a while now, I must say these are the best amongst the ones available out there. Galen Leather has some amazing products :) You guys really care a lot about the products that you make.... It reflects in the quality of your products, packaging ...infact it's the whole experience of it.
I ordered one in each size and I absolutely love them. The quality is great and my fountain pens write beautifully in them. I ordered 3 more in the other color. It shipped out quickly at I got them in record time! I can't wait until they start to patina and show the everyday use wear and tear. If you can't decide if you want to get one, just do yourself a favor and buy it. You will not be disappointed.
This was my first purchase at Galen Leather, I knew the brand, seen a lot of reviews but, actually, I had never purchased anything yet because here in Belgium the customs fees are absurdly high and this makes it impossible to buy items above the 22 euro's because, for that price, you have to pay 24 + 4% extra. Anyway, I saw this notebook already from the beginning and I wanted to give it a try. After a couple of days from shipping, it arrived today. Well, I have to say that for that price, the quality is above the top! Nt all Crazy Horse leather pieces are of this quality, soft to the touch and a sight for sore eyes! The paper is also the best on the planet for every stationery geek and the way it comes packaged, come on guys! Can you find something so gorgeous for that price? I don't think so! Yusuf is an outstanding seller and really cares and cuddles his customers, all with those extra's like the tea's and coffee bags and that super nice evil eye charm! And this all in an extra branded cotton pouch? Well man, please allow me to thank you in your language: çok teşekkür ederim! And now, I am going to buy myself also a green one! And after that a pen case too!
The leather and paper in these journals are both of amazing quality and just such a lovely piece to just look at when not using. Will definitely purchase more of these in the future!
I am always on the hunt for the “perfect” notebook. Something simple, elegant and has amazing fountain pen friendly paper. THIS IS IT! Tomoe river paper is unparalleled in the fountain pen game and I love that there’s no ribbon marker. The leather cover is stunning, soft and will age with me as I use it more and more. As someone who journals almost every day I do with that there was an option for lined paper rather than only blank but the line guides are great. I do like the packaging as well because it keeps the paper well protected on its way from Turkey to Canada! If you’re on the fence about getting this notebook, just do it. You won’t regret it.
The leather is soooo lovely and beautiful. And it's packaged nicely as well. The unboxing itself was a pleasure.
I have used several famous brand of notebooks, including some using Tomoe paper. This one has a very excellent leather cover and makes it feel comfortable at hand. I will order more.
beautiful notebook and trp is always a favourite. love that b6 is available. thanks!
I liked it so much that I’ve ordered another.
It’s a joy to write in.
I really like Galen’s products! I’m impressed by the quality and style. I will definitely buy more here over time. My only complaint is that I emailed w/ a follow up question about a wooden pen holder I bought and rec’d no response. Still great stuff, tho.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM