100% HANDMADE IN TURKEY
PRODUCT:Handmade Leather Writer's Medic Bag XLarge
Crazy Horse Forest Green
Distressed dark green color showing under-tones of light green, sacramento and emerald. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
In honour of our founder Zeynep's last design, we've finally brought her dream to life. As a lover of all things vintage, she was inspired by the design of a traditional medic messenger bag and adapted it to incorporate the Galen Leather product range.
The Writer's Medic Bag will light up any writer's imagination. With compartments for notebooks, journals, pen slots and accessories, you can easily take all your writing essentials with you wherever your work takes you. This is the perfect creative writing gift or gift for fellow lovers and collectors of our Galen Leather products . Now you can keep all your favourite items together and take them on your next adventure! The gorgeous distressed forest green colour is a long time favourite from our leather collection so it was no wonder we had to include it in the Writer's Medic Bag.
15” x 10” x 3.14” | 2.5 lbs - 37 x 25 x 8 cm | 1.1 Kg
The interior dimensions of the main pocket
35 x 24 x 3.5 cm - 15” x 9.6” x 1.5”
The bag arrived today and it is gorgeous. I was surprised at how quickly it arrived from Turkey because of the wind storms in Europe and the US. I was expecting it to be delayed. The leather is beautiful. The color is rich. There are plenty of compartments for all my writing supplies—and the snacks were a pleasant surprise. I am looking forward to using this bag as my daily carryall.
I absolutely love this bag. It is of great quality, the craftsmanship is superb and I adore the green colour. I use it for my snailmailing while on a holiday. If we weren't in lockdown, I would have brought it along to a nice cafe.
It has many features and it holds all my important items. Unfortunately it does not have a handy and comfortable strap. The only downside. It's not a bag you take off fast and easily if you would need your wallet for example. Therefore, I carry it along purely for my writer's items. But other than that, it's the perfect bag for a writer/ paper lover.
If you happen to be Dutch, don't forget more costs (taxes) will be added on arrival. Making this bag more expensive than it is. But it's worth it.
The XL writer’s medic bag is absolutely beautiful and so uniquely functional. I love that not only can I transport things in it but can work from it as well. I love the handmade quality, and the quality of the leather itself — you can really tell Galen Leather puts their everything into the items they make. The bag is pretty large — can hold a 15” laptop or several sketchbooks/notebooks. All the compartments for pens and brushes are really functional and seem well thought out. I just absolutely love this bag and know I will have it for life.
I absolutely adore my bag. I have waited to review it until I have been able to use it for about a month and a half, and I can say with confidence that it is exactly what I hoped it would be. The craftsmanship is superb, the colour is gorgeous, and it fits all my journal supplies perfectly.
I mostly utilize it for journaling, but I have used it as just a regular purse / satchel on multiple occasions and it’s wonderful as that as well. I get so many compliments when I take it out!
Sidebar, as a larger person I was concerned the strap would not be long enough, but it is a fantastic length and very comfortable while worn cross-body.
I was so excited waiting for this to arrive and even added a couple of extra items to my order, all of which arrived, beautifully packaged. I love the bag, but agree with a previous review that a wider strap, or a shoulder ‘pad’ would be helpful as when I have my ipad in there it can be quite heavy. The quality is fantastic and it is so different, people always comment on it. Already saving up for my next Galen purchase.
I was pleasantly surprised that my bag shipped as fast as it did since if they have it made already then they will ship it to you asap. Comunication through out the process was so great and I just un boxed this today and it's drop dead gorgeous. The bag itself is study along with the zippers and magnets. I honestly can not wait until I bring this along in my adventures. The strap can make this bag an over the shoulder or a backpack which is so great.
I absolutely love my Writer's Medicine bag. It is extremely versatile, with slots to hold my fountain pens and it has room for my journal, Kindle, jr legal pad, and periodical. I like the adjustable strap, and I find the width of it to be comfortable.
I absolutely love my Medic bag!! It holds everything that I need and is beautifully made!!
I love this bag. Its perfect for me as a writer. I can now hold all my writer stuff in one bag. And it gives me structure in my work as a writer.
I can deeply recommand this fantastic bag
It arrived really fast and it's beautiful! I love the colour and amazingly it fits my 16inch laptop!
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM