Leather Slim A5 Notebook / Planner Cover - Crazy Horse Brown
This leather cover is compatible with the following notebooks: Galen Everyday Notebook, Stalogy 365, Life A5, Apica CD A5, Logical Prime A5, Midori MD A5, Hobonichi Cousin A5, Kleid A5, Yamamoto A5, Nanami A5, Galen Leather notebooks A5, and all softcover notebooks in A5 size.
Reviews On YouTube
100% Handmade in Turkey
Handmade Crazy Horse Brown Leather Slim A5 Notebook / Planner Cover
Crazy Horse Brown / Distressed
The distressed brown color shows various brown undertones, including tan, mocha, and hickory. Crazy Horse is a very soft and less processed type of leather, it ages and softens quicker than regular leather and has a finish that feels like suede. For this reason, scratches may occur on the leather over time, depending on use. This condition is a highly sought-after feature for some leather lovers called patina. If you think these scratches will make you unhappy, we recommend that you look at our polished leather products. Read more about our leather options.
Our Handmade Leather Slim A5 Notebook Cover is the perfect way to store your daily essentials for business, study, or personal use. This simple leather case is functional, stylish, and does not have any attachments. Throughout our experience, we have learned what designs work and what designs don’t. This simple cover doesn’t have the functional risks that a more complex design may have. It keeps your notebooks and favorite pen safe and secure, preventing them from scattering in your bag.
- The elastic pen holder has a semi-leather/semi-elastic design. The elastic wraps the pen while a piece of leather is visible from the outside, giving you a secure but aesthetic design. Writing utensils of different thicknesses fit the pen holder, even the MB 149.
- When you place the notebook in the case, the piece of leather that comes under the cover is the same size as the notebook. Therefore, there is no difference in elevation on the surface while writing, and you can always write on a flat surface.
- When the notebook is in the sheath, it does not make a full opening pot thanks to the stretches on the underside of the cover.
- Two separate slots for a pen, card, paper, or ephemera.
Dimensions and Compatibility:
- Outside Dimension - 16 x 22 cm (6.3 x 8.6 inches)
- A5 softcover notebooks (hardcover notebooks may not fit as they protrude). Show all compatible notebooks.
- Galen Everyday Notebook, Stalogy 365, Life A5, Apica CD A5, Logical Prime A5, Midori MD A5, Hobonichi Cousin A5, Kleid A5, Yamamoto A5, Nanami A5, Galen Leather notebooks A5, and all softcover notebooks in A5 size.
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather - Full Grain
- In order to make the case more elegant and lighter, the leather used in this product has been thinned, and its surface is full-grain leather.
- Cotton elastic
Handmade in Turkey
Your leather cover will arrive in a cardboard box with a maker certificate. Learn more about our signature packaging here.
**The accessories in the picture are not included, the case is the only product included.
There are slits on the upper and lower part of the cover- so no matter which notebook you use inside nothing gets damaged, because the cover bends perfectly backwards.
No fumbling around, the notebook just slides inside effortlessly.
It also fits a lot: I use Galen Leathers 200 pages Everyday Blank Notebook on one side and a Leuchtturm Jottbook on the other side. But after experiencing the tremendous writing comfort of the Everyday Notebook, I will get some of their slimmer ones to replace the Jottbook.
The penloop is a combination of leather and elastic, which accomodates different pen sizes and what surprised me the most is, that it is not in the way.
Even though the notebook has no closure, it stays perfectly shut.
There are two card slot pockets inside to store some bits and pieces.
Pure joy to use.
A beautiful leather sleeve for my Elia Note Tomoe River Paper diary! The leather is thick yet supple, a wonderful green shade, and it fits Din A5 perfectly. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the loop for the pen, which will probably make writing on the last few pages al little difficult, because even if bent outwards you bump against it while writing. Nevertheless I am sure I will order another sleeve for my next diary, and maybe the loop can be left off if I ask for it.
This crazy horse brown texture gives a very nice, comfy, and OG leather-themed feel to the overall touch and cover of my notebook/journal! Colour matches the picture displayed on the website too! Will recommend to others who are interested in getting a durable, leather cover for their A5 books :)
I’ve never really been loyal to any specific brand when it comes to leather products. I’ve tried them all (Moterm, Midori, etc)….until now. Galen is the gold standard, hands down! I was stunned at the speed with which it arrived, the packaging, the communication, and most of all the product. Just. Wow.
This leather is supple, it has been aged and loved, the craftsmanship is stunning. This fit my Hobonichi perfectly. I chose the color to compliment my Moterm apricot planner and it absolutely does. I use the word compliment because the Galen leather is the star of that show. I have included pictures so you can see the comparison.
I will only buy Galen Leather from now on. Stellar! I love your story, I love the craft and art you put into your products and I would give you 10 stars if I could. Thank you for being a breath of fresh air to do business with!
I procrastinated on this colour as I’d usually go with browns but decided to go with ocean blue and wow I’m not disappointed at all, this colour is amazing. I LOVE it.
The notebook arrived very quickly which was a bonus and the packaging everything I ordered with it was very thought through! (I bought A5 Everyday book as well)
The package came with a packet of tea (which I immediately brewed and enjoyed) and a single pen sleeve which I did not even order but was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. I use these to take notes with my favorite fountain pen anywhere without a worry about them. The leather is great quality and feels as good as it looks!
I’ve been looking at the Galen Leather Slim Cover for about a year now and decided to finally buy it. Shipping was fast. I got it within a week.
The leather cover is so beautifully crafted that I’m thinking for buying another one!
It’s now the cover of my 2024 Hobonichi Cousin!
I ended up purchasing this cover in 3 sizes because I love the covers and this leather so much (Crazy Horse Tan). Feels and smells wonderful. Fits the notebooks that they are intended for perfectly. As always with Galen products the craftsmanship is impeccable.
This notebook cover is exactly what I wanted. The quality is beyond compare, and the price is amazing. I have a slim cover in the B6 size, as well, in navy blue, which I also love. And I also have a wallet insert in crazy horse brown that I've used for years now.
The pictures I enclosed are of my A5 size cover in crazy horse tan. They were taken inside in daylight, without a flash and without and overhead light.
I want to note that while Galen says the slim covers are designed only for softcover notebooks, I have a Rhodia webnotebook hardcover in mine. Previously, I also had a casebound Black n' Red notebook in it. The cover itself doesn't lay flat when opened with hardcover notebooks in it, but the notebooks themselves do. So I just wanted people to know that was a possibility, because it works out perfectly for me.
I also love all the goodies Galen includes with orders -- often an evil eye charm, Turkish coffee and tea, stickers, a beautiful postcard, single pen sleeves, sturdy storage boxes. It's remarkable. And their customer service is amazing. I had a question about a product, and they sent a detailed and thoughtful reply the next day.
I also love the pen loops on these covers. The leather front makes them look great, but the elastic in the back allows you to use any size pen.
I fully plan on buying more A5 slim covers in other colors when they are back in stock, as well as other Galen Leather products. In the meantime, I love knowing I have such a beautiful and durable notebook cover. I look forward to using it for years, and hopefully decades to come.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM