Narwhal Fountain Pen - Schuylkill Chromis Teal + Leather Pen Sleeve
From the depths of imagination surface a new breed of writing instrument tapping into the stream of consciousness with artistic beauty and elegance. Yes, the Narwhal fountain pen is a real pen! The swirling, pearlescent acrylic has a mystical aquatic quality. The Narwhal drinks deep of fountain pen ink with an internal piston-filling mechanism. The stainless steel fine writing nib has a consistent flow to keep up with an ocean of thoughts.
Narwhal Fountain Pen Specifications:
- Finish: Acrylic
- Trims and Clip: Polished Chrome
- Nib: No. 6 stainless steel
- Filling System: Piston mechanism (bottled ink fill only)
- Comes with a handmade leather single pen sleeve in Crazy Horse Brown
- Pen Length, closed: 5.71 in. / 145 mm
- Pen Length, open, cap off: 5.16 in. / 131 mm
- Pen Length, open, cap posted: 6.97 in. / 177 mm
- Pen Diameter, barrel: 0.51 in. / 13 mm
- Pen Diameter, section: 0.35 in. - 0.43 in. / 9mm - 11 mm
- Pen Total Weight: 0.7oz. / 19.8 g
A great review by Pen Friends of these Pen on Youtube:
We would like to thank GoldSpot Pens for introducing us to this wonderful brand. Image Credits: GoldSpot
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
this pen is no good. although attractive, it does not feed properly. i do not recommend it
Dear Michael, sorry to hear that. If you have an issue with the nib we can supply a replacement or another solution.
I have purchased multiple leather based products from Galen Leather before and they have all been excellent. This was my first fountain pen purchase from this store and unfortunately, this turned out to be not a great experience. I had bought two Narwhal pens (Schuylkill Porpita Navy and Schuylkill Chromis Teal). These pens look great, the piston mechanism works fine, has decent ink capacity, but the nib units on both the pens were an abomination. I had constant issues with these in terms of hard starts, skipping and very dry ink flow (cleaning the nib unit did not help either).
My understanding is that these pens are not manufactured by Galen Leather, so the issue primarily lies with Narwhal and its quality control. These pens really look cool, but I wish they performed as well as they looked.
Daer Sujit, thanks for your purchase and sorry to hear that. Yes , we are not producer of these pens, but we are responsible to supply best experience for you. We can send you a replacement nib for this pen.
Great value piston filler with an ink window. Nib writes smooth but a little on the board size.
A very pretty pen with a great ink window. Bigger than I expected as I thought it would be a pocket pen. It's actually very comfortably sized. I liked it well enough to buy 3 more finishes. The pen sleeve is very sturdy and attractive. Highly recommend.
As pretty as I imagined. Not my smoothest pen to write with but lovely weight and easy on the eye! I am very happy with my purchase. And I did read a review with someone saying not enough teal but mine has lots of teal!
I was so excited to get this pen. I've been after one for ages.
Now it may bit be the pens fault, ok. I'll put that out there first. It could be the ink in it.... But I have issues with hard starts.
When it writes it mostly writes nicely. For a steel nib.
I hope that it is just the ink and nib combo.
Also I expect when the word teal is included in the colour title that there might actually be some teal in the pen.. Mine has a bit of Blue and then the browns.... Again this could just be the individual pen. But for how excited I was I couldn't help but feel let down.
The concepts of these pens is great. And I really hope that this is an anomaly than the norm. And based on reviews I think it is.
The sleeve that galen include is a lovely touch. Pliable and just well thought out to include.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM