Gioia Partenope Avorio Fountain Pen Rose Gold Trim
$189.00 USD– Sold Out
The Partenope is a marvel of Italian design and execution. The 18k gold plated cap is adorned with a view of the Gulf of Naples, and the clip is crafted from the ancient goldsmith process of lost wax casting.
Gioia Partenope Avorio Fountain Pen Rose Gold Trim
Gioia Partenope: Two Pens in One
The Paternope's genius is the fact it provides two pens - a fountain pen and a rollerball - in one. Simply unscrew the grip section and the nib can be changed for a rollerball.
The beauty of the design is that you needn't sacrifice the beautiful appearance and gravitas afforded by a fountain pen for a plastic Bic biro! What's more, you'll never get caught short filling out forms again! The pens come boxed with instructions for ease of reference.
Gioia Partenope: Avorio
The Partenope is a marvel of Italian design and execution. The 18k gold plated cap is adorned with a view of the Gulf of Naples, and the clip is crafted from the ancient goldsmith process of lost wax casting. The cap and barrel have been turned from Italian precious resin and its highly polished marbled Ivory finish is accented by rose gold plated trim and the Italian Tricolore flag.
The fountain pen measures in at 140mm capped and the cap posts neatly to give a lengthy 168mm. The filling system is a threaded Gioia pens luxury ink converter, which can be filled via the blind cap at the rear of the barrel, or unscrewed from the section for ease of cleaning.
The ballpoint pen measures 121mm capped and 158mm posted and is every bit as elegant and well proportioned as the fountain pen. It features a stainless steel sleeve which keeps the refill neatly contained when not in use. A wonderful piece of Neapolitan ingenuity.
- Colour: Marbled Ivory with Rose Gold Trim
- Material: Precious Resin & Rose Gold Plated Trim
- Nib: Gioia Engraved Steel #6 Jowo Nib
- Filling System: Ink Converter
The iridium-tipped #6 JoWo steel nib is available in six different sizes:
Extra Fine, Fine, Medium, Broad, 1.1 Stub and 1.5 Stub
- Length capped: 140mm
Length uncapped: 133mm
Barrel diameter: 13mm
Section Diameter: 12mm
Cap diameter: 15mm
What type of Rollerball Refill does this pen take? Is there a commonly available substitute that I could find here in the US?
Answer: Take the Schmidt Refill P 900, you can find them in Fine, Medium and Broad, in our case, we use the M size.
You can find some substitutes in the market, like Parker QUINKFLOW gel refill and other Parker's refill for rollerball and Monteverde Capless
Gel Ballpoint Refill. As a company, we recommend using Schmidt spare parts, which can be found on Amazon and other online Writing instruments stores.
How do you separate or remove the refill from the grey section?
Answer: Here's a little video showing how the rollerball is removed from the metal tube, allowing it to be replaced by a new one or one of a different color.
Link to the video:
Gioia Pens are Neapolitan producers of luxury hand-turned fountain pens. This young Italian brand is known for great craftsmanship with twenty years of experience producing fountain pens. The production is made with rigorous quality controls and a hand-turned resin from solid bars that are proudly made in Italy.
This is the most beautiful writing instruments I own. The weight of it is perfect. I can't wait to use it. Right now I just sit and look at it.
The Gioia Partenope is a beautiful pen all around. Perfectly balanced and a comfortable feel in my hands, the Partenope was worth every penny. I am relatively new to the fountain pen world but say with all honesty that this is a hard pen to beat. The rollerball adapter is a great feature too! The team at Galen Leather is as exceptional as the pen. Cheers to them!
I really like this pen ... a lot. As other reviewers have said, it's even more attractive in person. I like the heft. It is a wee bit heavier than the average pen, but not excessively so and I appreciate that. The weight and girth add to its comfort as does the "feel" of the ivory-like material of the barrel and cap. And the nib! Goodness what a beautifully smooth and wet nib. SBRE Brown already sold me on the Gioia nibs in one of his reviews, but not all nibs are alike, nor are all as perfect as this one is. Yunus agreed to check the (Fine #6 JoWo steel RGT) nib for me and to "tune and smooth" it if necessary. I'm not sure how much work he had to do, but it is superb! Yunus even uploaded a brief video showing closeups of the tine alignment and a writing sample. How's that for customer service?
Side note, the pen is already inked up with Robert Oster's "Sooty Shearwater" ink that arrived in the same order. I understand why Zeynep liked the color of that ink so much.
Yes, I very much like this pen, the ink AND the folks at Galen Leather. Thank you Yunus - well done!
I was very pleasantly surprised by this pen. For a steel nib, this pen writes beautifully! The pen is a bit heavy, but for those who like a slightly heavy pen, this is an excellent writer. Build quality is second to none and as usually Galen Leather customer service is excellent. Would not only recommend this pen, but also recommend Galen Leather who has never disappointed me!
I like the weight and performance of this pen. The flow is good and the ink capacity is generous.
This is a beautiful pen and the quality of the crafting is upheld by the exquisite performance of the pen. What a delightful addition it is to my collection. Highly recommended.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM