Leather Zippered A5 Leuchtturm1917 Notebook Folio - Purple
100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:Handmade Leather Zippered Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebook and iPad Mini Folio
Deep and rich purple color with some violet tones. Semi-matte finish.
7.3 x 9.2 inches (18.5 x 23.5 cm)
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather
- YKK zipper
- Velvet lined interior
Save yourself the hassle of digging around your bag by keeping your valuables safe and secure in one place. Our Handmade Leather Zippered Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebook and iPad Mini Folio is the perfect way to store your everyday essentials for work, study or personal use. It has 4 credit card holders and a long pocket that can store your passport or your iPhone 6 / 7 / 8. Under the left side there is a sleeve for storing your iPad device. This beautiful leather zip portfolio has a removable 4 slot pen holder, an extra 2 pen slots and a slot for a charger, earphones or cable. It also has a removable keychain in the middle of the cover. It makes a great bullet journal cover too!
- Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebook (hard or soft covers) or similar size notebooks
- Mobile phone - fits up to iPhone 6 / iPhone 7 /iPhone 8
- iPad Mini / iPad Mini Retina / iPad Mini / iPad Mini 4
- Horizontal and vertical notebooks
Can also store other accessories (as pictured):
- Pencils & pens
- Credit Cards
- Small notebook (like a Field Notes notebook)
- Charger or cable
*Devices and accessories are not included
SETUP - REVIEW VIDEOS
Reviews On Blogs
Amazing quality and presentation. Lots of pockets for pens/pencils and business cards.
I’m a welding inspector who works in the field a lot and I love my folio cover. I was tired of my yearly journals falling apart at the end of the year so I opted to buy a cover from Galen Leather and I am glad I did. It’s ruged with a heavy duty zipper and I love the pen/pencil holders inside. I’ve had my cover for a few months now and there is no sign of fatigue in ANY of the stitching or construction. I absolutely love it.
I really enjoy my Galen leather folio. It’s a unique and interesting design, and the quality materials and outstanding workmanship make it a pleasure to use. The folio is quite slim and elegant, though I might prefer slightly more capacity. I have to pack the contents carefully when zipping it up to travel, and usually remove the very clever pen insert for that reason. The folio WILL hold an iPad Mini, just as advertised - but only if removed from any protective case; it’s a very tight fit… An extra 1/4” (65 mm) in thickness would make it better from my point of view, but I’d also add that even when very full the leather seems to make way for the contents, and always zips easily.
I keep several journals and lists using the softcover Cahier notebooks from Moleskine: a work calendar and to-do list, a fishing and boating notebook, family events journal, etc. My new Galen folio is a useful way to keep them all organized in a single place AND a beautiful companion that I am always happy to have around. I’ve heard it said that “a person should own nothing that is not useful or that he/she considers beautiful”, and this Galen Leather folio is BOTH…
My overall rating is DEFINITELY five stars!
I've had my Crazy Horse Brown zippered folder for 2.5 years now and I use it daily. It is beautifully made and a real pleasure to work with. Everything you need is right there in its own little spot. I carry it around everywhere and most people remark on how great a folder it is. It was worth every cent!
Also, postage was amazingly quick! Most letters and parcels here in Australia take a long time but a parcel from Turkey was here in days. I still have the beautiful postcard that came with it on my desk and the evil eye hangs inside my folder, nice extra touch, sending those with orders!
It's my third A5 sized zippered folio, and if I could, I'd buy several more this instant, though I wouldn't have a purpose for the rest of them just yet, but I'd find something eventually. I'm sure of it.
Anyway, regarding the built quality: I'm no expert when it comes to leather, but they do hold up very well, and patina really nicely. I own two of the ‘Crazy [insert color here]‘ leather versions and one in black. The black one is more of a shiny finish, which creases more easily, but doesn't scratch as well as the ‘crazy‘ ones. One of my most favourite parts about these folios is the zipper ... I don't know why, but it's just the most satisfying zipper ever. Wouldn't have one without the zipper.
When it comes to use, I use one for my daily journaling, the other for my ArtSchool notes and drawings, and the third one for my art journal, where I do sketches in my free time, and that's also the one I'm reviewing right here. It holds three mechanical pencils, a large fineliner, blender, eraser, extra pencil lead, etc. Overall, it's pretty practical. I'm only wishing for an A4 version as well, since I sometimes prefer to draw a tiny bit larger, but for travelling, or just being out on the road, the A5 is great as well.
When it comes to the price point ... honestly, I would have expected it to be way more expensive. I mean, these products are just great in every way, and you can use them in whatever way you want. So, they are well priced, but I wouldn't mind having to pay more, to be honest. I'll also upload a picture on how I use mine in real life, not overly decorated or anything. In my case, I have a Hahnemühle Nostalgie Sketchbook inserted in the folio, as my primary sketchbook. Everything is still very new, but this will change over time.
And that's about it. Thank you, Galen Leather for your amazing work! I'm looking forward to future products.
Communication about a short delay for delivery was friendly and very clear. Following that, delivery can exactly as promised. The notebook folio is beautiful, and already an essential daily-used product. The various places to keep pens and other tools are solidly attached, and there are many of them. I couldn’t be happier with my folio, or with Galen Leather.
If your a fan of leather goods your going to want to have this folio in your Collection I have a full review on YouTube to watch
I absolutely love this zippered folio. I paired it with the Galen Cosmo notebook. As you can see, there is room for everything! Not pictured, are my ID and credit card. So I don’t even have to carry a wallet anymore! No more carrying around a separate wallet, journal, pen case, travel palette, paint brush case… it all fits into one! Zip it up and go!
The A5 notebook folio is perfect for carrying around my favorite things. I am always so excited when I imagine taking this set with me on my travels. Thank you for continuing to make such great leather goods!
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM