The Writing Box - Rosewood - Limited Edition
$194.00 USD– Sold Out
- An analog box for today's modern writers.
- Crafted from solid walnut wood and vegetable tanned leather.
- Designed to carry analog writing tools and notebooks. The unique angled cover allows you to write comfortably on journeys.
WRITING IS THE PAINTING OF THE VOICE.
To see the detailed history and plans of the Thomas Jefferson's Writing Box, click here.
We have collaborated with Walden Woodworkers Co. to build this beautiful and unique writing box.
- Six elastic pen slots
- One big elastic pocket size notebook holder
- One small elastic pocket size notebook holder
- Four uppper elastic slots for clips/ papers /rulers
- The base fits two A5 notebooks, or TN, papers or documents
- Outside of the top cover fits a flat lay A5 notebook
- Shown in the picture is a Hobonichi Cousin (not included)
- Accessories shown in the pictures are not included
- A modern version of the portable writing desks.
- Outside: 32 x 26 x 7 cm
- Inside: 23 x 29 x 5 cm
- Made from solid walnut wood
- Nickel plated brass accessories
- 15 degree angled cover to write comfortably on
- Vegetable tanned leather inside the cover
- Comes in a thick cardboard box
- Finished with natural linseed & tung oil
- Package cover designed by Mathias Johansson
- Made by Walden Woodworkers Co.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
What a beautiful and functional box! The rosewood is absolutely stunning and I love it so much. The box didn’t arrive flawless and that’s okay, I’m still happy with it.
The rosewood LE in general looks fabulous: this red tones and the golden attachments are just awesome as almost all my furniture are mid-century Danish rosewood, so I was so happy when I saw this edition! Unfortunately, compared to the standard Writing Box, it seems like the details on this one aren't very well done and the use of glue was a bit too much in the edges :( Or maybe I'm used to Swiss or Japanese perfect wooden crafts, so I expected the same from your lovely brand!
Beautiful. I'm very happy
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM