The Knot - Leather Monkey's Fist Keychain
$17.00 USD– Sold Out
100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:The Knot - Leather Monkey's First Keychain
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather cord
- Solid Brass Shackle Hardware
The Knot Keychain is made from a thick leather cord with solid brass hardware. It allows you to easily keep your keys safely together so you don't have to keep asking your partner where you left them last. (Hint for you ladies - it makes a great men's leather keychain!) The solid brass shackle makes it easy to slip keys onto the chain. Includes a stamped brass tag with the Galen Leather logo.
What is Turk's head knot?
A Turk's head knot is a decorative knot with a variable number of interwoven strands, forming a closed loop. The name is used to describe the general family. While generally seen made around a cylinder, the knot can also be deformed into a flat, mat-like shape. Some variants can be arranged into a roughly spherical shape, akin to a monkey's fist knot. The knot is used primarily for decoration and occasionally as anti-chafing protection.
- Made by hand with a special knotting technic
- Knotted with thick natural leather cord
- Brass hardware
Story - Behind The CollectionIn 2017, we met a young girl while on holiday in the south of Turkey, Izmir province. Because it had a maritime background, she was making home accessories with Monkey's first knot (a type of Turk's head knot). We asked her to cooperate with us to make keychains with the monkey's fist knot. Then by supplying brass hardware, we started to produce our keyrings at the beginning of 2018. We've also added a similar knotted leather bookmark to the collection.
I really had no idea what a time saver this would be.
Diving into the Tardis like depths of my handbag has taken too much of my life.
Now my hands magically grasp the monkey knot and I’m away!!!
Looks great too xxx
Great quality and sturdy. Totally worth it.
Great product. Well made. Love the customer service and my Turkish coffee
Very well made It’s awesome thank you
it was a bit looking like undyed leather, but nice little accessory
Another satisfied gift recipient!
I loved it ! Awesome seller ! Great communication and service ! Thanks a lot !!
I love it but the quality of the materials is what surprised me, for such a price I expected something better. All in all I am satisfied, I will give it 3 stars and additional star for ur concerns.
This order provided me my 3rd piece from Galen . Love love love,. Quality , care of packaging are excellemt.
Love it!! Thank you
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM