Robert Oster - Sooty Shearwater Fountain Pen Ink - A Special Color for Zeynep
Forever in memory of Zeynep - Galen Leather's founder. She said, "One day, if you miss me, look at the Sooty Shearwaters."
Sooty Shearwater is a beautiful bird. This bird and the sea-teal ink in her memory were amongst her favorite things.
In memory of Zeynep, we decided to offer a limited edition 50ml plastic bottle of Robert Oster Signature fountain pen ink in the color Sooty Shearwater.
Robert Oster Signature Inks are handmade in Australia. The recyclable PET bottles are manufactured in Australia's first carbon-neutral plastics plant.
A message from Robert Oster:
My great interest in fountain pen inks – and by extension inks that combine many creative applications – began with the birth of my love of fountain pens in 1989.
As Robert Oster Signature Inks are quite recent to the market, think of the interim between 1989 and today, as the fertile ground into which my present love of all things ink was seeded and grown.
The contents and packaging of my Inks are all nature-friendly and the colors a genuine inventory of the Australian palette.
Robert Oster Signature originates from one of the most famous wine-producing regions of the world, the Coonawarra district of South Australia, an idyllic setting with great influence on the senses. There is my inspiration. It’s a joy to share it with you.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
By the online color sample, based on other Galen products and the story behind the color, I knew this color would be beautiful.
It Is Beautiful.
Robert Oster inks are in my top fav’s, and this Sooty Shearwater is no exception! It’s almost a turquoise color, but not quite.
You won’t be sorry if you get it!
In my favourite colour, and a tribute to Zeynep, this is a glorious ocean blue-green ink. It reminds me of the ocean here in Australia, in fact it is made in Australia, but I purchased it from Galen Leather in Turkey. Another quality ink from the talented Robert Oster, but this has a sentimental link to Turkey. I like to use it in my Narwhal Poseidon Blue pen also purchased from Galen Leather
Zeynep is smiling at how much we love her and your sweet memories of her. You make her so proud you guys!! Every couple of days I come here and look at her pictures and read about her. Even tho I didn’t have the privilege to know her, I love her ...... and will think of her every time I use this beautiful ink!
색깔 독특하고 예쁩니다. 발색 끝내줘요.
And a beautiful tribute. Also wet and smooth. My favourite turqoise ink!
I was so thrilled to see that this was back in stock. Zeynep was and is an inspiration and I love that I have the chance to think of her every time I use this beautiful ink by Robert Oster.
I was so excited to receive this special edition ink in memory of a very special lady! This ink is simply stunning! ❤️ While I will treasure it, I will also use it with pride in knowing how special it is and the beautiful meaning behind this signature ink for Galen xx
I ordered Sooty Shearwater because it was an ink colour that I prefer in the peacock to teal range. I am enjoying writing with this ink. It’s wet and smooth and the colour is delightful to me. I’ve had compliments on the colour from people who have seen it.
Sooty Shearwater is a lovely bright turquoise shade, you will love it.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM