Leather Zippered Magnum Opus 6 Slots Hard Pen Case with Removable Pen Tray - C. H. Ocean Blue
100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:Handmade Black Leather Zippered Magnum Opus 6 Slots Hard Pen Case with Removable Pen Tray
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Ocean Blue Ocean blue color has tones between rich blue and teal. Bright colors like blue are sensitive to sunlight and fading. Therefore, there is more wax and protection on the leather surface in this color, so the leather surface is smoother and more semi-shiny than other crazy horse leather colors. Ocean Blue develops a very nice patina with use over time.
Setup Review Videos:
17.5 x 14.5 x 3 cm / 6.90" x 5.70" x 1.2" inches
Fit pens up to about 16 cm long and 1.55 cm in barrel diameter.
- 100% vegetable tanned leather
- Hand stitched using waxed polyamide thread
- The edges are beveled, waxed, and burnished for a finished look
Transport your favorite pens safely without them getting damaged or scratched with our Handmade Black Leather Zippered Magnum Opus 6 Slots Pen Case. This sturdy case features a removable tray that slides in and out effortlessly, providing you easy access to your pens. The removable tray also includes 6 individual pen slots lined with soft velvet material to prevent scratches. Whether you're carrying your pens in your in bag or luggage, you'll have the peace of mind knowing that your pens are well protected from bumps, knocks, scratches and damage with this leather case. Suitable for most fountain pens and other type of pens.
Tested with these Fountain Pens:
- Montblanc 149 -146
- Kaniela Fountain Pen
- Vintage Pelikan 400NN
- Pelikan Souveran M800
- Pelikan M150
- Lamy Safari
- Lamy Safari Al star
- TWSBI 580 AL
- TWSBI VAC 700
- Parker Sonnet
- Platinum #3776
- 6 pen slots
- Angled stand position
- Full-grain leather
- Velvet lined removable tray with divider
- Zippered closure
*Pens are not included
I have to admit I was a little disappointed in this Magnum Opus 3 pen case. The magnet that holds the case open is not very strong. It comes with a note saying that as the case wears in more and the leather gets softer that the magnet will hold better. That may be true but it’s disappointing to have a new case that the magnet doesn’t hold. That being said, it’s a nicely designed case and I love that the part that holds the three pens comes out so I can easily access the pens if I want. The case is a big bulky and deep so will accommodate larger pens but I do wish it was slimmer. Overall I would not buy it again but that doesn’t mean it is not the perfect case for some people. I got the crazy horse brown which has a lot of orange in it so I wan’t crazy about the color.
I am crazy about the new Ocean Blue leather! This 3 pen case is so beautiful and very handy for carrying even my larger pens. It stands up well, looks terrific and feels great. Just love it. Galen hit it out of the park with this one!
Just like every other Galen Leather product I have received, the Magnus Opus is well made. It came with a few scuffs, but that is part of its character. It holds both my smaller Sailor pens and my larger Esterbrooks, but as it is still getting broke in, it seems to slide slowly down when weighted with the heavier pens. I like that it is also in my favourite colour - Crazy Horse Green.
For me, there are three requirements for a pen case:
1- It has to be protective. My backpack is a mess of computers, cables and books, I don’t want any of my pens to be made uncomfortable in that. This usually means a stiff leather case.
2- It makes me twitch if my pens are touching each other. I cannot stand even a little clank. Well, soft leather or felt inserts are necessary for that.
3- A sturdy closing mechanism is a must, as I don’t want any of my pens tumbling into my bag anytime soon.
This pen case fulfills all that criteria and disappears into my workflow.
It goes without saying that Galen leather products are of high quality, but I really like the color and texture of Crazy Horse Brown.
The 3-slot pen case holds my expensive fountain pens for everyday use. Because I want to avoid scratches caused by friction as much as possible. The mechanism that holds the case at just the right angle, even with three heavy pens inside, is wonderful!
I already had a 6 Pens case and decided to get the 3 pens one. I love them both and love the colors too. My 6 Pens one is gray. I definitely recommend them.
I like leather products because they accustom to users’ habits and become unique.
To me, this size is perfect balance of protection and portability, and I can bring it with me all the time, so that it is developing towards its ideal form every second.
I received my new case just on time for Christmas and love it! Like all my Galen Leather products, this one is beautiful and perfect for my needs.
I have an embarrassingly huge collection of pen case, but the design of Galen's Magnum Opus pen cases is a favorite. It is very well made and offers excellent protection while being relatively light in weight. The removable pen tray is a fine feature. I prefer it to elastic or leather pen loops.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM