Leather Zippered iPad Mini & Large Moleskine Folio - Undyed Leather
100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:Handmade Leather Zippered Large Moleskine and iPad Mini Folio
COLOR/FINISH:Undyed Leather - Not covered Un-dyed leather means, nude leather, with nothing covered up - so they will have some natural range marks, scars, and other blemishes. In other words, they are not processed to make them appear perfect, like something you would get in a department store. When you get your brand new un-dyed vegetable-tanned leather good, it looks a natural color. The hide is effectively naked and so will age and darken with the sun just like your own skin. Aging will develop a rich color and patina. Sun exposure, daily handling, water, and conditioning give natural vegetable tanned leather a rustic look over time. Read more about vegetable-tanned leather.
7.3 x 9.2 inches (18.5 x 23.5 cm)
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather
- YKK zipper
- Velvet lined interior
Save yourself the hassle of digging around your bag by keeping your valuables safe and secure in one place. Our Handmade Zippered Leather Large Moleskine Folio and iPad Mini Cover is the perfect way to store your everyday essentials for work, study or personal use. It has 4 credit card holders and a long pocket that keep your passport or your iPhone 6 / 7 / 8 . Under left side there is sleeve for storing your iPad device. This beautiful folio has removeble 4 slots pen holder ,extra 2 pen slots and a slot for charger , earphones or cable. And a removable keychain in the middle of the cover.
- Moleskine Large notebook (hard/soft cover) 5 x 8.25 inches (13 x 21 cm) or notebooks up to A5 size
- Mobile phone - fits up to iPhone 6 / iPhone 7 /iPhone 8
- iPad Mini / iPad Mini Retina / iPad Mini / iPad Mini 4
- Horizontal and vertical notebooks
Can also store other accessories (as pictured):
- Pencils & pens
- Credit Cards
- Small notebook (like a Field Notes notebook)
- Charger or cable
*Devices and accessories are not included
SETUP - REVIEW VIDEOS
Reviews On Blogs
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
But you can buy a perfect CLASSY purple notebook folio! Yes, I did buy it, I have my bullet journal in it (my green pass too), my fineliners, my cards... It's such a beautifully crafted item, its leather is smooth, the zip slides perfectly and... the colour is WOW! I had just to pay extra fees for the shipping to Italy... but it's all worth it! Thank you for the evil eye charm (I fixed it on the zip puller) and the other gifts! I'm wholly satisfied!
This product is beautifully crafted. I love the velvety feel of the leather and enjoy having a neat little niche to store my pens and goodies and keep my writing stash tidy and readily accessible at the pull of a zip.
I have fallen in love with this notebook! I have searched years for something to securly carry pens, appointment cards, a notebook and this is the perfect combination. 🥰
I just received my Galen A5 zip folio in the mail and it was like Christmas in July! The green crazy horse leather is gorgeous, the craftsmanship is beautiful, the attention to detail is impecable. And the lightnight-fast shipping to the US was amazing! I also loved the little personal touches in the package, like the nazar charm, the Konya postcard and packet of Turkish tea. It was so lovely to find these little surprises in there! I purchased the small zip pen folio case a few years ago to carry my pocket sketchbook with my favorite markers, and I will be using this A5 folio for my Leuchtturm1917 work planner. Thanks, Galen Leather, for always providing beautiful hand-made products!
Zipper folio is absolutely gorgeous, high quality product. I didn't know it, but this is actually all I ever needed. I gave all of my other notebooks to my friends, because now is my folio with Everyday notebook in black, combined with Traveler's notebooks, the only thing that makes me write almost everyday. This is my Holy Grail of notebooks and and leather covers. And I want another onet in undyed natural leathetr. Botj with matching pen cases!
I'm going to tell you what I wish someone (either Galen Leather in their product description, or anyone at the brick-and-mortar store where I purchased my folio) had told me. The undyed natural leather is the thirstiest and most sensitive leather I've ever seen. It absorbs everything it touches. I love to distress my journal covers gradually and I'm very familiar with the process, even with other undyed natural pieces I have purchased or made myself. I've never had this issue. Just hours after purchasing this cover, I let it rest against a piece of oil-tanned leather. The folio soaked up oil from the other piece of leather (see image). It also absorbed dye from a different piece of leather in a smaller spot on the front cover. Neither of those leather pieces have ever transferred onto any other material. Galen Leather informed me in an email that there is no way to correct this.
I do not feel that the item description or Galen's page on vegetable tanned leather accurately reflects this property of the leather, hence my review. Had I known, I would have held out for a restock of the smooth brown folio. As it is, after saving for months for this piece which was immediately rendered unresellable, I can't see myself doing it again. This would be a five-star item for the quality of construction and function, which is everything I've seen the journaling community rave about for years, but I have to dock stars for inadequate description.
If you want a more even and gradual patina from everyday handling, I highly recommend that you use a carry bag (which did not come with my purchase) to keep this folio from coming into contact with other leather pieces in transit.
I am no sure why I waited so long to purchase this zip folio, but I am so happy with it! I’m using it for my fountain pen ink swatching and so many things fit in it! I still have room for more too! I love the Crazy Horse Navy Blue! I haven’t had problems with slippage as some reviewers have (knock wood!) As always the craftsmanship is superb and shipping was extremely fast. The only problem is now I want more colors!!!
Had been eyeing the Zippered A5 Folio for some time but kept looking for cheaper alternatives. At the end of the day nothing came close as far as the useful layout and quality. If you are on the fence like I was, go ahead, do it, its well worth the money.
Minor mistake with the order as the wrong color was initially shipped. However this was quickly rectified by Galen Leather once informed and I have no hesitancy in recommending them.
I waited about a month and a half to do this review, because I wanted to spend time in this folio first. I can say with confidence that this is *exactly* what I hoped it would be. The storage options available in the folio are perfect for what I need, and it just makes my journaling time so much more enjoyable. The craftsmanship is stunning, and the colour is so beautiful (and hard to catch on camera haha).
I have wanted this for a long time so I am so happy to finally have it! It was exactly as I imagined it, awesome! The quality is great and I really like the design of the interior. It is on the
smaller/average size range. It was kind of hard to fit my Leuchtturm but, in the end, it did fit. I recommend putting thinner notebooks inside so it doesn’t create a bulge when you close the folio. Great overall, definitely recommend!
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM