Leather Zippered Hobonichi Cousin A5 Planner Folio - Undyed Leather
$107.10 USD $119.00 USD
100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:Handmade Leather Zippered Hobonichi A5 Planner and iPad Mini Folio
COLOR/FINISH:Undyed Leather - Not covered Un-dyed leather means, nude leather, with nothing covered up - so they will have some natural range marks, scars, and other blemishes. In other words, they are not processed to make them appear perfect, like something you would get in a department store. When you get your brand new un-dyed vegetable-tanned leather good, it looks a natural color. The hide is effectively naked and so will age and darken with the sun just like your own skin. Aging will develop a rich color and patina. Sun exposure, daily handling, water, and conditioning give natural vegetable tanned leather a rustic look over time. Read more about vegetable-tanned leather.
7.3 x 9.2 inches (18.5 x 23.5 cm)
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather
- YKK zipper
- Velvet lined interior
Save yourself the hassle of digging around your bag by keeping your valuables safe and secure in one place. Our Handmade Zippered Leather Hobonichi A5 Folio and iPad Mini Cover is the perfect way to store your everyday essentials for work, study or personal use. It has 4 credit card holders and a long pocket that can hold your passport or your iPhone 6 / 7 / 8. Under the left side there's a sleeve for storing your iPad device. This beautiful folio has a removeble 4 slot pen holder, an extra 2 pen slots and a slot for a charger, earphones or cable, along with a removable keychain in the middle of the cover.
- A5 Hobonichi Planner or Hobonichi A5 Techo Cousin or similar size notebook
- Mobile phone - fits up to iPhone 6 / iPhone 7 /iPhone 8
- iPad Mini / iPad Mini Retina / iPad Mini / iPad Mini 4
- Horizontal and vertical notebooks
Can also store other accessories (as pictured):
- Pencils & pens
- Credit Cards
- Small notebook (like a Field Notes notebook)
- Charger or cable
*Devices and accessories are not included
SETUP - REVIEW VIDEOS
Reviews On Blogs
The leather is exceptional. The gray feels a bit smoother than the tan/brown I have yet is still so buttery soft. I don't have fountain pens, gosh knows I shouldn't be allowed things that can end up in disasters, but does fit my mildliners and regular pens easily. And with a hard bound journal tucked in, it still fits and zips easily with a barely there bulge where pen meets cover. The only issue I find is that I never know which product to keep the lovely eye on that I got with first order! Haha
After over 18 months of working from home and facing the exchange of a 46 step round trip to the home office with over 2 hours daily commute I felt like an update of my work set up would lift my spirits.
I already have the undyed version (I use that as a letter writing compendium) but thought the black would be smart for the office.
Very happy with the product, packaging and of course service.
Amazed by the less than 14 days delivery from 🇹🇷 to 🇦🇺
The 400 page fits easily with 6 pens which include a [****], Visconti HS and Esterbrook Estie (all girthy pens).
I'm really enjoying this neat way to carry pens and a pad around. That leather smell is a treat to experience every time I open my book bag. If there are three things I want the manufacturer to know, they're these:
(1) When I'm carrying pens, which is always, the Tomoegawa book that's offered as an option together with the folio doesn't comfortably fit inside it and neither does a hardcover Leuchtturm1917. I ordered a softcover Leuchtturm A5, which fits well. I would suggest making a thinner Tomoegawa notebook that fits comfortably since it appears that you make your own books.
(2) Re the leather card with the pen holders on it, you should sew the pen loops slightly higher on the card. If I push the pens all the way down now, they get in the way of the zipper.
(3) I'm not exactly sure what to do with the card slots on the top left. I don't use the folio as my wallet, so I'm not sure what I'd carry in there. Perhaps include a second option for a looser pocket.
Otherwise, I love the thing. Thank you.
I have used this cover for my daily planner for almost 2 years now - carrying it back and forth to work in my bag daily. The leather on the outside has held up extremely well, and it is definitely showing some character marks. I use a Moleskine Daily Planner, which is much thicker than a traditional planner/notebook of this same size, so I cannot fit the pen sleeve inside and zip it shut. Even without the pens, the fit is TIGHT (I do also have my Samsung tablet in the tablet sleeve), but the zipper has held up really well. I LOVE the feel of the interior lining. Overall, the quality of this cover is superb, and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I only wish it was just a LITTLE bit thicker, since my planner is so thick, but I think most people will find the size perfect. Also, I cannot say enough about the packaging and care that goes into shipping. I love the little extra treats, and my office is decorated with the beautiful postcards that are always included.
Stunningly made leather folio. Fits the A5 Moleskin (pictured) or the Leuchtturm 1917 perfectly. I carry 7 fountain pens inside with no dramas. The undyed leather is the perfect blank canvas. I have rubbed olive oil on it a couple of times and let the leather tan in sun to start developing a rich patina. Overall, I'm very happy with the quality of materials, workmanship and function of the folio. I wonder how I got along without it beforehand. I'm now thinking of a reason I need another.
Been looking for a cover for my daily journal for a year and finally found the one. ^.^
Bought this to fit with a Leuchtturm1917 A5 Bullet Journal. It is a quality product, there's no doubt about it. Love the crazy horse brown finish! However, I find that it's too tight to zip if I put in the Leuchtturm journal AND fountain pens. I would need a slimmer notebook. It's too bad, just a bit more room would have made all the difference. Still happy with it overall, just disappointed a tiny bit.
Just amazed at the craftsmanship and the overall presentation. Wow. Can't wait to implement into my everyday routine. Motivated!
Now I want all the colours! It is even more beautiful in person.
Fits my Hobonichi A5 Avec and my fountain pens snugly. :)
Will use this for years to come.
Smells great too compared to other leather products I've had before.
I purchased this gorgeous notebook folio as a treat for my birthday. I be am reasonably new to the journaling community and I have been hearing so many wonderful things about Galena products. I must say that they have exceeded all expectations. The leather quality is outstanding and so is the workmanship. I also found the pricing to be very good compared to other similar items. I am very happy with my new notebook. I can’t wait to buy more leather products. Thank you for making such a wonderful item.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM