Leather Magnum Opus 12 Slots Hard Pen Case with Removable Pen Tray - Crazy Horse Forest Green
100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:Handmade Leather Magnum Opus 12 Slots Hard Pen Case with Removable Pen Tray
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Forest Green/Distressed
Distressed dark green color showing under-tones of light green, sacramento and emerald. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
Setup Review Videos:
27 x 16.5 x 3.5 cm / 10.6" x 6.50" x 1,4" inches
Will fit pens up to about 16 cm long and 1.55 cm in barrel diameter.
- 100% vegetable tanned leather
- Hand-stitched using waxed polyamide thread
- The edges are bevelled, waxed, and burnished for a finished look
Keep your favorite pen collection safe with our Leather Magnum Opus 12 Slots Hard Pen Case, featuring a removable velvet tray with individual dividers and magnetic closure for ease of use. You'll have the piece of mind knowing your favorite pens won't be scratched or damaged when carrying them around in your bag, handbag or backpack. Suitable for most fountain pens and other type of pens.
Tested with these Fountain pens:
- Montblanc 149 -146
- Kaniela Fountain Pen
- Vintage Pelikan 400NN
- Pelikan Souveran M800
- Pelikan M150
- Lamy Safari
- Lamy Safari Al star
- TWSBI 580 AL
- TWSBI VAC 700
- Parker Sonnet
- Platinum #3776
- 12 pen slots
- Full-grain leather
- Velvet lined removable tray with divider
- Magnetic closure
- Individual pen slots
*Pens are not included
The Magnum Opus was an answer to my long years of looking for the right pen case. Durable, without rubber-snug bands which can scatch against the pens, and easy access to all the pens when needed. Magnum Opus has all the requirements, in beautiful hardened leather, in 12 or 6 slot versions and several colors to chose from. This has been my go-to, and each case is a timeline for me, helping track years and fountain pens preferences during that time.
Since, there have been some similar attempted cases, but none does it quite like Galen Leathers, which is why I insist on the Magnum Opus. I love it!
No complaints for the product, beautiful and sturdy.
2 things I want to add for fountain pen:
- The Pilot 823 vacuum piston is magnetic, so it will be "stuck" on case's magnet if you put it in the 2 middle spots. No problems if you put on the side spots.
- My biggest fp, the Custom Urushi, perfectly fits in the 4 middle spots of the case, but a tight fit on side spots since the cap is girthy.
I have been using an old cigar box to store my fountain pens for nearly two years now. I was so worried buying such a pricey item that I nearly talked myself out of it.
I am so glad I didn't!
It arrived two weeks early, and game with so many small additional items that made me appreciate the company, the product, and the country that this item shipped from. (I won't spoil what came in my box, but it made me appreciate my purchase so much more). Great quality, fits all of my daily inked pens, pulls out for display, is easy to clean, and has not disappointed! You can definitely tell the hard work that went into making this pen case.
Great craftmanship with such a warm and inviting back story-- I'm buying something else from Galen Leather Company soon-- and you should too!
I love this case, I keep my inked pens in it and I particularly like the fact that my pilot custom urushi, which is always inked, fit comfortably in the case. A really great product!
I needed a case for my small but growing fountain pen collection and saw a few reviews of Galen Leather products on YouTube by respected, well-known fountain pen reviewers. They were all very positive, so I decided to give it a try. I went with the smaller 12 slot case instead of the larger 40 pen case because I thought it might be sturdier. It has a slot for every pen, not just an elastic strap. I cannot compare the other, but the 12 slot case is truly very well-made. It is very fine leather and even the "cardboard" case is so nice, I have not thrown it away, but keep the leather case in it. It is not even cardboard, but something in between cardboard and pressed wood, very strong and even beautiful with the Galen logo on it. Everything is high quality. I am writing this review because I am returning to purchase another one. Have not decided on the color yet, maybe blue. Funny thing is I need it for my Frankenpens I hacked together from cheap knockoffs, originally something I did not intend to do because the case is too good for them, but now I believe the case will display the pens in such a way as to "elevate" them in quality too.
my go-to sturdy case; perfect size, tough, felt pull-out tray, easy access with magnet closing. I love these, and most of my fountain pens are housed in an Opus Magnus. I generally prefer the black leather, but crazy horse variants are beautiful as they age with usage and time. 💕❤️
The 6 pen case in black leather has exceeded my expectations, which were already set very high. From my largest to my smallest, any of the pens in my collection fit within the case. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a pen case.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM