Leather Hobonichi Cousin A5 Planner Cover - Red
100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:Handmade Leather Hobonichi A5 Planner and iPad Mini Cover
A classic red with some under-tones of maroon and ruby. Semi-matte finish.
6.7 x 9.1 inches (17 x 23 cm)
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather
- Hand stitched using waxed polyamide thread
Save yourself the hassle of digging around your bag by keeping your valuables safe and secure in one place. Our Handmade Leather Hobonichi A5 Planner and iPad Mini Cover is the perfect way to store your everyday essentials for work, study or personal use. It has 3 main pockets; one phone pocket and two card holders. On the left side you can put your Field Notes notebook, passport or mobile phone. Under the pockets on both sides there are sleeves for storing your iPad device. An elastic band holds the notebook in place inside on the right side and wraps around the left side of the cover to keep the case securely closed. It makes a great A5 journal cover.
- A5 Hobonichi Planner or Hobonichi A5 Techo Cousin or similar size notebook
- Mobile phone - fits up to iPhone 6s plus
- iPad Mini / iPad Mini Retina / iPad Mini / iPad Mini 4
Can also store other accessories (as pictured):
- Pencils & pens
- Credit Cards
- Small notebook (like a Field Notes notebook)
*Devices and accessories are not included
I bought it as a burthday gift and have not given it yet. For me it seems very bulky. I was pleased with delivery as it came quicker than I expected but was disappointed with the import charges of over £17. Making it a rather expensive gift.
I have been looking for a portfolio type thing for my A5 notebook, and this fits that perfectly. I'm trying to keep track of access cards, notes from doctors, printouts of bloodwork and it's hard as a parent of the patient to keep it all together in a given day without hauling around a whole backpack. This gives me a good place to keep most of the things together without overbulking. There is a slight confusion I've had with it though, and that is the two elastic bands. I have one that holds the whole situation shut, but there is a second and I'm not sure what to do with it. It is convenient to put my hand through when I don't have a surface to take notes on, to keep the notebook steady, but not sure what the ideal purpose is.
Overall the perfect portfolio for my needs with amazing quality.
Fed Ex dropped off the package this morning. I filled the notebook cover with a Seven Seas Tomoe River A5 notebook and a fountain pen. It fits perfectly and looks great. The leather quality is flawless and looks every bit as good as I anticipated. The package came in a very sturdy box with complementary Turkish instant coffee, tea and something else I didn't instantly recognize. I'm very pleased with this purchase and the service from Galen Leather.
Cover definitely adds a lot of heft to a notebook. My Rhodia A5 does not fit as well as the leuchtturm. One corner was not as edged as the others. But I'm very happy with it, I love the different closure is the best.
Craftsmanship, materials and service are all high quality. I am already comfortable with the look and touch of the leather, and I’m a hard guy to make happy. A really good purchase.
Lovely leather cover! The leather used is think and the stichting are firm. It fits perfectly to my BuJo.
I received my notebook cover about 2 weeks ago and I love it so far. The quality is great, I loved the unboxing experience which made getting this gift for myself even more pleasant. I ordered crazy horse brown but it looks more like the photos of crazy horse orange which was a little confusing and though I would have preferred more brown I was so excited it didn't really matter all that much. I would definitely order again!
I've had my A5 Notebook Cover for about a week, so this is a first impressions kind of review. But my first impressions have been very positive. The Notebook Cover is crafted in thick, great-feeling leather. The Crazy Horse Brown leather comes out of the box looking like an heirloom, with fascinating variegation. It's really substantial work. My Hobonichi Cousin is a perfect fit. The Cousin is designed to lay flat when it's open, and the Notebook Cover's construction completely supports that. Writing in the Techo is easy and fun, whether at a desk or sitting up in bed. Honestly, I haven't, and probably won't, use all the pockets, and I won't carry my iPad mini with my Hobonichi, but all of the space is nice to have for when I need it. The placement of the pen loop is brilliant. Finally, a notebook cover that keeps your pen protected inside the cover without weird or uncomfortable bulges. Great design. This notebook cover clearly is intended to last for many years, which is an unusual concept in today's world of disposable products. But I'm a guy who has 35-year-old boots and lots of other favorite possessions that are decades old, and I treasure those old friends. Galen's Notebook Cover seems destined to be another.
Quality is top notch and the smell of the leather just amazing. Hoping to be using this for many years to come...or until the next purchase.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM