Our Leather Balm conditions, restores, polishes and helps waterproof leather. It can help restore the original softness and extend the life of your leather.
Our formula is a traditional recipe which has been used for decades. The ingredients are simple and natural, including Beeswax, Sweet Almond oil, Shea Butter, Cacao butter, Jojoba oil and Avocado oil.
You'll be pleasantly surprised that our leather balm isn't smelly like most conventional leather balms and conditioners! In fact, it's non-smelly, non-sticky, non-greasy and non-slippery. The Leather Balm is absorbed into the leather and won't transfer off onto your clothes. It's also completely safe to humans and animals.
Can be used on all genuine leather types.vegetable tanned and oil tanned leathers.
1. Ensure that leather goods are clean and dry.
2. Test small amount on a hidden patch of leather to preview results.
3. Start with a small amount.
4. Best applied by hand and massaged into leather, but a cotton fabric or rag works also.
5. Leather will absorb the balm immediately Some leathers may darken slightly but return to their natural shade within 24 hours.
6. Repeat as necessary to protect, restore, and extend life of leather goods.
- When you condition leather by hand it is important to start with a small amount of balm. This will allow you to monitor how the leather is responding to your treatment. You can always add more, bit by bit :)
- Prior to conditioning, make sure the leather is clean by carefully running a soft, slightly damp cloth over the leather. This will keep you from trapping dirt into the leather's pores. This is especially important for heavily used or older leather goods!
- During the application, be sure not to apply external sources of heat other than your hands (no ovens or hair dryers). Heat is not required to "open the pores" and treat high quality leather. It will only result in an over-absorption of oils. This will *significantly* darken your leather and cause the excess oil that was absorbed to seep out.
Previous to receiving this product I have used lanolin based leather balms on shoes, leather bindings of books, etc. However, this product is even better and even smells good. As others have mentioned, it smells lovely. No surprise that yet another Galen product is superb, all their products are of a superior quality.
The leather balm is of the finest quality and I am using it not just on Galen goods but on all my leather products and the results are impressive!
I was actually a little apprehensive about the leather balm. I have had several such things from other manufacturers that either smelt really bad or actually damaged the leather.
I shouldn’t have worried, Galen know their stuff. The balm was so lovely and easy to apply. It had a very neutral smell, and it worked so well on the leather and also my hands (as it is recommended that you rub it in that way).
So great also to see it is made from very natural products. I am planning on buying another on my next order so I can use it on my leather jacket.
The leather balm is a great treatment for Galen's lovely products. It is non-greasy and smells delightful and keeps the leather supple for ages. Highly guaranteed.
Acheté comme cadeau accompagnant un notebook ipad en cuir, il a fait forte impression. La composition du produit, sa présentation constitue un accessoire indispensable.
I recently bought a Writer's Medic Bag and ordered the Leather Balm to keep it protected. I was happy when I received the balm because it is all-natural and not a petroleum-based product that I have been given with other brands. Not only did I enjoy massaging this product into my bag, but my hands were so hydrated after this activity without any concern for nasty chemicals! With all this pandemic hand-washing, it was a nice asset to this product. The balm seemed to sink right in the leather and I cannot wait to continue to use it - and then order more!
In my younger days I owned a equestrian school and training barn I ran for over 18 years. I know a bit about cleaning and conditioning leather. This is a quality product in a very attractive tin and my leather notebook loves it! I also used it on a leather backpack and a carry on. Perfect!
This is such a useful addition to any leather purchase. I actually used it on a very expensive Italian leather handbag I own first before I tried it on my Galen Leather products. It worked beautifully on my handbag. I than used it to treat and protect my Galen Leather products. Excellent!
it works great on your leather goods.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs.
We offer drop shipping services to your customers or clients. We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM