Kakimori Brass Nib For Dip Pens
Tired of broken glass dip pens while sampling ink? Kakimori has developed a great product for this. Kakimori brass nib is a handy dip pen nib that you can use when making ink swatches. Not only that, you can also change the line thickness by changing the angle of the pen. It has a high ink-holding capacity and is easy to clean.
*This listing is for brass nib only — nib holder sold separately. You can purchase the nib holder here. Also compatible with universal nib holders.
Setup Review Videos:
Handmade in Japan
Kakimori Brass Nib For Dip Pens
The brass material is ideal for creating undulating lines and offers a smooth writing experience.Brass material develops a natural patina over time.
The brass nib was created as a durable and practical nib. The nib point has been rounded and polished with meticulous care, providing an exceptionally smooth writing experience that defies expectations. Tilt the nib below 45 degrees to create undulating lines and paint strokes. Made to universal specifications to fit all standard nib holders, as well as those from our range.
- Precision-made nib, high ink-holding capacity.
- Easy to clean.
- Allows to write from different angles. 45 degrees maximum writing angle.
- A great tool to make ink swaps in bulk.
Dimensions and Compatibility:
- Dimensions H30 x Ø6mm
- Weight 4g
- Material Brass
- Design Yuto Yamazaki
- Manufacturer Alloy Inc.
- Compatible with standard nib holders, like Tachikawa T-25
How to use the Kakimori Brass nib?
What you need:
1: Attach the nib
Hold the Metal nib and gently insert it into the nib holder while turning.
2: Dip in ink
Dip the nib in ink to soak, taking care to avoid contact with the base of the ink bottle.
Hold the pen at a 45-degree angle. Tilt the nib below 45 degrees to adjust the line width, or lay it flat to paint. Stainless steel and brass nibs have different characteristics — see the diagram at the end of this page. Initial ink flow may be slow due to the protective coating on the nib and will gradually improve with repeat rinsing and ink application. If ink becomes faint, turn the nib to release more ink from the grooves. One dip holds enough ink to fill a postcard. When setting down your pen, use a pen rest to keep it safely in place.
Rinse the nib in a container of water and dry with a soft, clean cloth. Use a toothbrush to remove stubborn ink in the grooves. If using detergent, a pH neutral detergent is recommended — avoid alkaline detergents as they will damage the nib surface.
Hold the nib and gently pull out of the nib holder while turning. Remove any water from the nib mount by pointing it downwards and blotting with a tissue.
Caring for brass
Brass is a material that ages beautifully, developing a rich patina that is enhanced by use. It is also sensitive to moisture and humidity, which may cause rust or unwanted discoloration. Dry thoroughly whenever it comes into contact with water. To store the Metal nib in brass, remove it from the nib holder after use to prevent rust from forming around the insertion point. Take extra care to avoid rust on the nib tip which may affect writing quality. Applying strong force or impact to the precision-made nib may compromise ink flow. Please handle it with care.
Our Tomoe River notebooks show noticeable sheen and shading and for ink sampling and writing. If you want to see more, we suggest the Cosmo Air Notebook, which has a thicker 75 gsm paper, and if you are planning to use it for Calligraphy you can check our calligraphy notebooks.
Handmade in Japan
Your brass nib will arrive in a cardboard box.
**The accessories in the picture are not included, the nib is the only product included.
- 1: Attach the nib, the nib is compatible with standard nib holders like Tachikawa T-25. 2: Dip the nib in ink to soak. 3: Hold the pen at a 45-degree angle. Tilt the nib below 45 degrees to adjust the line width, or lay it flat to paint.
- To prevent the build-up of dry ink in the grooves, rinse frequently in water during use. To remove stubborn dry ink, gently scrub in water with a soft toothbrush. If using detergent, a pH neutral detergent is recommended. Avoid alkaline detergents as they will damage the surface.
I ordered the nib not knowing that after $53 dollars that it does not come with the nib holder pictured in the ad. I purchased it to replace glass nibs since I tend to bread the tips easily. The pros for the Nib once I purchased the stick holder was it is cosistant. The line in narrower than the glass nib but I don't have to worry about breaking it. For the price, which is high, is should have a holder. I don't think I would buy it again.
The Kakimori brass nib raises the pleasure of ink swatching to a new level.
The nib is beautifully made and when fitted in the matching Kakimori Sakura wood holder they make a beautifully tactile & practical addition to my desk.
If you are used to writing with a glass dip pen, then this is a whole new level of writing experience. The brass nib is very smooth the write with and in my opinion holds more ink than some of the glass nibs I have tried. Very nice and worth the price.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM