- Completely flat-lay
- Book cloth cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes with a zippered canvas bag
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
A5 sizeAt half the size of the A4, A5 size notebooks are very popular as journals, daily or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space.
Love this smooth, fine, writing paper!
Can't go wrong with a Tomoe River notebook! It even comes with a thin sheet that can be used as a blotter or writing mat.
The Tomoe paper in my note ook is beautiful, thin and hence you get a normal sive notebook with many pages, without bulk. It fits my Leuchtturm cover beautifully. I am now hooked on Galen products. Everything they make or sell is of an uncompromising quality. Additionally, they are a very pleasant company to deal with. I am a very satisfied customer. Thanks
Great paper, solid binding, grid and line guides included in all sizes, and a zipper pouch. I like it. Fast shipping, great communication. I'll be back for more.
One can tell immediately this product was made with love and care, the stitching, quality leather and paper all complete this perfect package. Thank you very much I wish you guys all the best for the future
Satisfied with the beautiful notebooks! My sister and I have been wanting them for ages and finally received ours. My only problem with this order was that the owner declared a lower price for the notebooks in the fedex shipment so there was a slight problem with the customs handling because they asked for the invoice and the prices are of course different from the true cost of the product. Please put the real price in the future!
Very well made. My A5 zipperfolio should last the rest of my life. I'm very pleased with my purchase.
For what I am using it for it’s perfect but to reduce size of 400 pages the paper is thin, I was expecting that but gave it 4 stars as it wasn’t stipulated and I can imagine people would be upset by that.
I Love my new blank notebook. The Tomoe River paper is sublime!
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs.
We offer drop shipping services to your customers or clients. We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM