Everyday Blank Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A5 Size - 400 Pages
We still use old Tomoe River paper in our notebooks.
Introducing our new bound blank notebook in A5 size. It features the stunning fountain pen friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best selling Leather Notebook Covers and A5 journal covers. It's quite possibly one of the best journals for foutains pens.
- Completely flat-lay
- Magnetic closure cardboard box.
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes with a zippered canvas bag
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
A5 Notebook Size
At half the size of the A4, A5 sized notebooks are very popular as journals, daily or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Love Galen leather products and these books are no exception. The customer service is also fantastic. Highly recommend 💙
I love tomoe river paper and most notebooks of this kind are usually expensive. This is very affordable and lays flat and is made beautifully: the binding and textured cover. I love that it can in a zippered bag too! Would highly recommend.
I am delighted with these notebooks. They are top quality and presented in a great zip cloth bag which really makes them a nice experience from unbox to use. They have extras like line sheets and blotting paper included as well. I would very highly recommend.
Perfect everyday journal. Well-bound, nicely finished, lays flat when open. Tomoe River paper shows off ink like no other, and can handle even the wettest of fountain pens. Really appreciate the included guide sheets for straight writing.
These are great notebooks, with lovely s ooth paper and go beautifully with my Galen cover. I write lots of items while researching archaeology and history. These one okks aremy go to. I'd love Gal3n to stock ones with dotted paper and a index, but these are as ear to perfect as to make o different.
I did order my second batch of this notebook already, and although I wish there would be Notebooks with dots / squared or lines its a wonderful paper. Its very durable. Yesterday one of my very old pens (1950ies) did leak and it didn't bleed through, this Tomoe River paper is the best and the binding of this notebook is very reliable too. Maybe an index could be added, but that's whining on a very high level.
I haven't tried writing in it yet, but I couldn't be more pleased. The packaging is amazing, the little zipper pouch will see a great deal of use and the book. Wow. So well made and the paper is just a dream. The guides and the blotting pad is just the cherry on top. I couldn't be happier~
After going through several 68gsm Tomoe River notebooks with the hundred and ninety two pages I got tired of using them. This 52gsm paper does just great with the system provided by Galen. I enjoyed the Fantastic writing experience that I'm having with their notebook.
It was amazing how fast shipping was. Love Tomoe River paper.
This notebook feels very well made. The cover has a nice texture and feels pretty sturdy, as does the binding. The paper used, Tomoe River 52 gsm does not really need presentations. I love this notebook so much1
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM