Everyday Blank Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A5 Size - 400 Pages
Introducing our new bound blank notebook in A5 size. It features the stunning fountain pen friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best selling Leather Notebook Covers and A5 journal covers.
- Completely flat-lay
- Magnetic closure cardboard box.
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- Comes with a zippered canvas bag
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
A5 Notebook SizeAt half the size of the A4, A5 sized notebooks are very popular as journals, daily or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space.
I love LOVE notebooks.
I got this as an add on to my cover, why not, it's at a discount after all.
The included blotter and guide sheets are a beautiful thought. The cover is sturdy but pliable. The pages are beautiful
The only thing I would like is if this came in dot grid. If galen offers that one day I'll have me a new supplier.
Amazing and awesome notebooks. Really a joy to write in with fountain pens. Lies absolutely flat which makes it easy to write. Really worth the purchased.
Very nice and confortable notebook. Thanks from Chile!
I'm a sucker for a nice notebook. So much so that it's hard for me to write in them, feeling as though I've tainted it's purity with my depravity. And all I can say is that I'm not sure what I want to use it for. It feels, and looks, so nice! The craftsmanship is too notch. It's the same for all of their products. The notebook feels good in the hand, is pleasing to the eye... You can tell it is quality. Worth the money and the wait. Just know what you want to put in it, otherwise you might find it difficult to put down anything.
I bought six notebooks for school and they’re usable. I can’t give more than 3 stars because when I open the books, the pages don’t stay aligned with the binding. So some pages will sag down, and others will slant up, and that makes it hard to write in a straight line. That’s the case even if I use the liner guides.
Moreover, one notebook had several pages fall out of the binding when I first opened it. These notebooks are usable and I like the Tomoe River Paper, but they are nothing special.
I’m obsessed with Tomoe River Paper, I’ve got every single Tomoe River Paper notebook on the Market, hardcover, softback, Nanami to Endless and even some artisan creations. But nothing compares to the package Galen Leather has put together.
Size- Fits any A5 leather cover from Midori to Gefeller. I use the latter
Paper- 52GSM Tomoe River holds everything you throw at it.
Excellent Binding- I write a lot. And I’ve laid it open, flopped it, thrown it around and it still holds up. The archival quality is immeasurable.
Extras- The writing prompt guides are perfectly made. The leather blotter is a life saver and Eco friendly. Use it over and over again!
You can write on any page Front-middle-Back with ease. Chunky enough to be your everyday notebook for the year. Love love love this product!
Upon looking back at a life of decisions and reverse decisions I decided to write a few of these down. To give weight to my writings I thought I'd write with a fountain pen. However all the notebooks on the market would not hold up to fountain pen ink. I looked for a notebook containing Tomoe River Paper in A5 size that contained many sheets and was well bound. I found it at Galen Leather Co. And it was delivered quickly and packaged well with a few goodies thrown in. The notebook is actually an artifact all its own. It's almost a sacrilege to write in. But I will!
I was expecting a nice journal but this was perfect.
Even the pouch it is a keeper. And nice detail of the tea and coffee.
As described, can’t wait to start using. Delivered in perfect condition and earlier than expected.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM