Everyday Blank Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A5 Size - 400 Pages
Introducing our new bound blank notebook in A5 size. It features the stunning fountain pen friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best selling Leather Notebook Covers and A5 journal covers. It's quite possibly one of the best journals for foutains pens.
- Completely flat-lay
- Comes in magnetic closure cardboard box.
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 145 x 210 mm (5,70 x 8,26 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
The 52gsm paper is incredibly thin, and very fountain pen friendly. This paper shows off the sheen and shimmer in inks unlike any other paper can do.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo. We use the same 52 gsm paper as the Hobonichi.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper, will appreciate how the paper shows off subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when dry will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks to the Well-Appointed Desk.For the images, thanks to the @writetomeoften.
A5 Notebook Size
At half the size of the A4, A5 sized notebooks are very popular as journals, daily or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
The A5 size had been out of stock for some time. When I saw they were available, I immediately purchased 4 of them! These bound notebooks have tons of Tomoe River paper to write on. I will use these to journal, practice my fountain penmanship, and draw/doodle. This size is perfect for my Galen leather cover. Highly recommend!
The combination of TR paper, flexible cover, and lay-flat binding makes this an amazing notebook. If you haven't experienced Tomoe River paper before I can't recommend it highly enough. It is fountain pen-friendly and just feels gorgeous to touch.
I am currently using this notebook as a journal. I love the fact that it not only holds up beautifully to fountain pens with its Tomoe River paper but watercolour painting, collaging, ink doodling as well. Will definitely be buying another in the future!
This is a fab notebook. I only use fountain pens in this book. There is some ghosting with dark wet inks, and I've only had one spot of bleed through. But the paper shows great sheening inks, and isn't absorbent, so takes a while to dry. Very happy with it.
I had been tempted to try this paper for a long time, especially as I have begun to love using fountain pens. Some inks worked ok in my Moleskine notebooks, but I was having trouble with the Herbin inks. Not any more! No bleeding or feathering, just the lovely purple shade. Adore the thin bible-like paper. A good value notebook with loads of pages! Perfect in my folio.
This was my second order from Galen Leather, the first was the 5 slot pen case (and there will be more..) I feel excited about writing again and you can tell a lot of thought goes into their products. I’m so excited to order more!!
Wow. This paper is just WOW: thin and smooth, notebook is flexible and opens perfectly on the table. I love it.
Much better than kokuyo，never see a notebook package like this.My favorite
The notebook itself is great, but the top left corner was bashed in/crushed and EVERY page in the book has a wrinkled corner there as a result. The black box it is shipped in needs reinforcement along the short sides and corners to prevent this from happening.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM