TOOLS to LIVEBY Fountain Pen Ink 30ml
Tools to Liveby has created their own range of fountain pen ink to couple with their range of TTLB fountain pens. The glass bottles are handmade by a Taiwanese master and designed to emulate vintage French elegance.
＊ France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria are out of the delivery areas for this item.
The bottle contains KWZ iron gall ink from Poland. The organic acid can effectively protect pen tips, and the lack of ink particles won’t cause blockages in the bottle. One of the best qualities of this ink is that there’s no need to keep the ink away from the sun, as it’s resistant to washing and fading. The ink color has many layers and gradually becomes darker with age. It is especially suitable for use on documents that need long term storage.
Box size: 4.8cm x 4.8cm x 14cm Deep
Bottle size: 4.2cm x 4.2cm x 11.5cm Deep
Available in: Red, Blue and Green
＊Japan, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Poland are out of the delivery areas for this item.
Almost impossible to find. Galen Leather stocks ToolstoLiveby and while a bit pricy when factoring in tax and duty still a wonderful addition for any enthusiast.
The KYZ blue is a really nice ink and the bottle is really beautiful. Great customer ervice from Galen.
I am very happy to be able to purchase this product. The design of the ink bottle is very beautiful and the color of the ink is also beautiful. I think this product can satisfy everyone.
As I have used PW Akkerman ink I was familiar with the concept of TOOLS to LIVEBY bottle. However, I love this smaller size and ornate style! It’s just so darn cute! Because of the ball stopper it is a cleaner and easier way to fill a plethora of inky pens or to use with dip pens. If I am honest I would have bought it no matter what ink was inside, so to have this fabulous colour is a bonus. It is not a true red - instead I would call it dark aubergine or cranberry with a touch of purple. It’s difficult to say because I use it on a wide range of artist and handmade papers that vary in their absorbency. To me, that is part of it’s appeal. It comes with a proper stopper when you open it and then you add the glass ball yourself and replace with the pretty glass stopper. It’s nice that if you need to store it you can go back to full plastic/rubber stopper.
The design of this bottle is amazing, and it have also a vibtage style!. Love it and the i k itself is delighful!! So sad it doesnt come in a black or brown shade..
I usually don’t use IG inks but went for this one just for the bottle. Love it absolutely! The ink dries fast and turns from blue to bluish black. Not a wet ink but not dry either. Completely waterproof.
I bought this hoping it would work as well as the Akkerman style bottles with the marble neck. Unfortunately, the marble in this one does not seal quite as quickly, so the upper section is usually less than half full when you tip it back. On top of that, the glass-on-glass lid is grindy, the rubber gasket is fiddly to get it to seal well, and the ink itself is nothing special.
Worst of all, $49 for 30ml is a ridiculous price. That's $1.63/ml. That's over 3x as much as Akkerman bottles or great quality inks like Pilot Iroshizuku, and over 10x as much as Noodler's inks.
I bought this mostly for the very nice bottle. Being a KWZ ink, it smells like vanilla and moderately wet. I bought the red. The colour when dry is not as vibrant as in the photos. It dries to a maroon / dried blood look if that is your preference.
belle couleur mais le bouchon de verre ne ferme pas complètement . Donc quand on inverse la bouteille pour charger notre plume on se sali les doigts. Dommage que cela ne celle pas bien.
I’ll be honest. I bought this solely for the beautiful bottle and it doesn’t disappoint. The ink writes beautifully also
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM