Kaweco Sport Fountain Pen Cognac - Galen Leather Edition
Check out this stunning Galen Leather exclusive: the Kaweco Sport Fountain Pen. It's a beautiful demonstrator pen that has a tinted, cognac-amber resin body and cap that's not only functional but aesthetically pleasing to the eye.This has come about as a creative collaboration with Kaweco who are well known for their focus on beautiful utility and quality craftsmanship. And this is exactly what this limited edition Galen + Kaweco Fountain Pen is centered on.
Following their iconic original 1935 octagonal design, this fountain pen can be described as 'small in the pocket, large in the hand.' The oversized cap arrangement creates a small closed pen but a full-length open pen. Closed, the Kaweco Fountain Pen is just 105mm long. Open, it is 133mm long.
Made from tough but exceptionally lightweight ABS Makrolon plastic, the Kaweco fountain pen features the Galen Leather and Kaweco logo in gold-colored metal on either end of the cap. The polished gold-plated stainless-steel nib is manufactured by Bock of Heidelberg. Kaweco fountain pens are refilled with standard international ink cartridges, such as those made by J Herbin or Kaweco. Available in various nib grades and colors. It's the kind of pen that pairs beautifully with one of our fountain pen friendly leather diaries or fountain pen cases.
The Kaweco ethos is one of producing high-quality fountain pens at affordable prices. The German-based company has a long history – over 130 years – of producing excellent writing implements. Today much of its range is based on vintage designs using modern materials.
- Pen Material: Tinted resin demonstrator
- Nib Material: Gold Plated - steel with plastic feed (no. 5)
- Filling Mechanism: Cartridge (standard international, included) or Converter (not included, Kaweco Sport Converter - proprietary), eyedropper convertible
- Pen Length (closed): 4.17 in . / 106mm
- Pen Length (open, cap off): 3.94 in . / 100mm
- Pen Length (open, cap posted): 5.27 in. / 134mm
- Pen Diameter (cap): 0.51 in. / 13mm
- Pen Diameter (grip section): 0.35 in. / 9mm
- Pen Weight: 0.3oz / 8.5g
- Packaged in a cardboard gift box
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Looks great, lovely gold nib and writes so smoothly.
First-time buyer and I must say - I am impressed by the product and service.
Thank you Yunus!
Kaweco sport limited edition with a beautiful cognac colour. The fountain pen with medium nib writes smothh. Shipping process fast. Original packaging design. Galen is a great seller!!!
This is the first fountain pen i've purchased that has a value higher than $5 and it is my entry into the kaweco brand as well as German fountain pens in general. I am very pleased with how the pen writes, I took a broad nib as it is also something very new to me and it makes writing letters a joy. I will be a return customer some day in the future but the recovery period from this purchase will have to be longer, UPS delivered the package to the border of Serbia, they held it until i gave absolutely all possible info on it, what is it, how much it costs, how much i paid, how much was the discount and shipping, then they organised another courier to deliver the package to me and in total charged me another $56 extra in cash, completely seperate from the purchase made online. This isn't Galen's fault at all, it's more the greedy people at customs who just name a random price you have to pay then otherwise they hold something you own hostage. I hope the shipping process is better for other countries but i thought i should leave a fair warning anyways
The pen looks great and works well enough. But unfortunately, Galen uses UPS delivery service when delivering to the UK. Ups have a history of over charging. So, whilst the pen costs only $30, and the checkout delivery service cost is $9.80, unfortunately this delivery charge jumps up to a total cost of $36.26 when the item is brought to your door. Of this cost $15.16 was a 'handling fee'. . Just a quick google search will find you numerous customers complaining of how much they've had to pay Ups when purchasing from Galen. Not really Galen's fault, but maybe they should look at using another delivery service as the items they stock and produce look great.
I may be biased here because I love kaweco sport pens but this is my favourite. The warm cognac colour is so inviting, it makes me want to have a hot cup of coffee while journaling by the fire on a snowy day. Kaweco nibs can sometimes run a little dry or be over polished but it’s nothing a couple minutes of tuning can’t fix. I do wish the Galen leather branding was a little smaller or written in a more elegant font but that’s just nit picking. Pick one up before this is gone!
Lightweight. Incredibly smooth writer. I keep this pen attached to my everyday B6 Slim journal. A perfect travel companion. I ordered a Kaweco clip for it, which sadly slips off of this pen a little too easily. Love the color and the fact that it is a collab with Galen.
I have about 5 Kaweco sports and was excited for the unique look of this one. Unfortunately I received a dud; the nib arrived with babies bottom (yes I cleaned it and used a magnifying class to take a look at it). I feel a bit annoyed because I couldn't replace the nib, and a bit wasteful since it now just sits pretty as a collectors item. It looks nice though so I'll give it 3 stars
love the special edition colour
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM