The Pen Bed Wooden Fountain Pen Stand - Mahogany
100% Handmade in Turkey
Spruce up your work desk with our handcrafted pen holder. It's stylish and professional and makes a perfect gift for the office worker or artist. 'The Pen Rest' is made from solid mahogany wood and comes with three pen slots. It holds most varieties of pens and brushes, including Fountain Pens and looks so stylish sitting next to one of our leather desk mats on your work table.
Dimensions: 15.5cm x 6cm x 1.5cm-3cm (6.1" x 2.3" x 0.6" - 1.2")
This is my 3rd wooden item from Galen Leather after having received the writing box and the 3 pen box. The pen rest was the second best product that I have received from GL. The writing box is by far the best wooden item from GL. The pen rest is my second favourite item. The pen rest is made very solid and I found the wood has not bent or deformed due to the moisture content. I would highly recommend this to all.
No sharp edge&Smooth finish.
There's rubber patch at the bottom so it doesn't slip.
And it's long, so you can hold a pen stably.
I wanted this the minute it was released. Excellent product as usual. I'm very happy with this item.
I have a couple of the smaller wooden stands which work well for my thinner writing instruments but didn't work well for my oversize fountain pens. I bought a couple of these - one for the office and one for home and now I no longer need to lay the larger pens on the table. Thank you for listening!
Lovely little object. Perfect for putting down the pens you are using the most on a regular basis so that they are not just lying around on the table or the desk. It highlights them neatly and saves you from putting them away in a case every time you use them.
Horizontal pen rests come in two types, tiered and flat. The ones that are tiered tend to only support a pen on the ends and are usually lightweight except for the cast iron or brass ones and those have sharp edges that can damage a pen's finish. I have wanted a tiered pen rest that supported the entire pen. Finally we are getting to that product. This tiered rest supports the pen, has cutouts to facilitate picking up the pen, easily hold smost conventional pens and looks nice on the desk. I do have three items I would like to see improved. Firstly, make the slots larger to accommodate pens such as a Pilot Custom Urushi or Pilot Emperor. Secondly, add a felt strip in the slots. And, lastly, increase the holder from three to four. Four would give you the standard Blue and Black inks, an ink for editing and/or underlining text, and another color for a more personal touch in correspondence. For my regular pens this is a fantastic pen rest. I think offering an extra large version for bigger pens would be well received.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM