100% Handmade in Turkey
Handmade Leather Slim B5 Notebook / Planner Cover - Crazy Horse Smoky
Crazy Horse Brown / Distressed
Distressed brown color showing a lot of different brown under-tones including tan, mocha and hickory. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish. Crazy Horse is a very soft and less processed type of leather. For this reason, scratches may occur on the leather over time and depending on use. This condition is called patina and is a highly sought-after feature for some leather lovers. If you think these traces of use will make you unhappy, we recommend that you look at polished leather in leather products.
A leather case that is as simple as possible, without attachments, but stylish and functional. With the experience, we gained from the covers that we have used for years but those cause problems in the functional phase, we have designed the simplest cover. It keeps your notebooks and your favorite pen safe and secure in one place, preventing them from scattering in your bag. Our Handmade Leather B5 Notebook Cover is the perfect way to store your daily essentials for business, study, or personal use.
- The elastic pen holder has a semi-leather/semi-elastic design. Thus, an elastic wrap the pen, while a piece of leather is visible from the outside. In addition, due to its stretching feature, pencils of different thicknesses fit. Even the MB 149.
- When you place the notebook in the case, the piece of leather that comes under the cover is the same size as the notebook. Therefore, there is no difference in elevation on the surface while writing. You write on a flat surface.
- When the notebook is in the sheath, it does not make a full opening pot thanks to the stretches on the underside of the cover.
- 2 separate slots for a pen, card, paper, ephemera.
Dimensions and Compatibility:
- Outside Dimension - 20 x 26 cm (8 x 10 inches)
- B5 (19x25cm )softcover notebooks and Composition Notebooks (hardcover notebooks may not fit as they protrude). Show all compatible notebooks
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather - Full Grain
- In order to make the case more elegant and light, the leather used in this product has been thinned and its surface is full-grain leather.
- Cotton elastic
Handmade in Turkey
Comes in a cardboard box with a maker certificate, check out more about our signature packaging here.
*The accessories in the picture are not included, only the case is included in the product
I love the look, smell of the leather and great match to Galen's flap pen holder. Great combo.
One thing I find a bit anoying is figh friction between notebook sides and pockets of the cover. Notebook sides do not freely in pockets of the cover. maybe it will get better over time. Over all it is great product and I strongly recommend it.
Exactly what I wanted. Galen adds a real personal touch, including a “thank you” letter and a small gift with the purchase. I can’t speak highly enough of the experience.
As expected leather is fantastic and quality of work is superb. I am currently using this with a composition book but would like to try a b5 notebook sometime in the future. Could possibly hold two composition books. Very happy and already thinking of starting a collection of these in each color. I will be using this for a long time.
I love this (and other Galen Leather) leather covers for my Oxford Collegebook B5 and other notebooks. Looks great and feels great in the hand. Prices are not cheap but worth it in my opinion.
This is a well crafted cover and looks like will develop a nice patina in time. A gift for our daughter in 1st year university and she seems to love it.
Like others have noted, the B5 notebook cover's are very difficult to slide into the leather sleeves, Everyday Blank Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - which was also purchased from same. The filler cover is relatively soft so they can be bent a bit to force them in. Maybe this was deliberate and the leather will eventually soften enough that journal covers will slide in much easier but I suspect that will take a very long time...The leather cover really should be made slightly larger.
I want to be fair, the cover is nice, I like having it to protect the journal in use. However there’s a couple issues that are slightly irritating I feel a need to address. The leather pieces on each half that hold the covers / backs in place are the issues. It said in product description that some covers may need to be trimmed to fit, knew that going in but the amount of trimming was not expected nor was a maimed journal that will be removed when full. Tried several brands and they will all need an ugly angle cut off, not going to try cutting the whole book so it remains a whole looking book. The second issue is not being able the bend the page back when writing on the back side of the page without removing one of the covers so you can fold the cover and the page back so it is flat near the binding. Having to hold it down while writing is a pain. The last issue is you have to put a backing of some kind under the first dozen or so pages so the pen is not hitting or falling on the edge of the leather pocket piece on every line you write. After a while you’ve used enough pages that it is no longer necessary till you get to the back and have to deal with the rear leather pocket for the last dozen or so pages. I really like it in spite of the faults. Not complaining. Just being honest. The price is fair for the leather quality. Just glad one is enough. 5 stars for the cover. 4 overall cause it’s too small for B5 notebooks.
The leather cover is nice and well finished, but the size is too small for the typical B5 notebook, and I had to cut the cover slightly to make it fit. I actually measure the cover and it seems too small for a normal B5. The sewing is done slightly under the full B5 dimension. I am slightly disappointed about this, compared to other Galen products that were always good value for money
This is ,y 8th time purchasing from the lovely people at Galen Leather.
I love my slim B5 Notebook cover. Perfect coloration and texture; always quality leatherwork. The craftsmanship is truly amazing. I look forward to purchasing in 2023 as the need for quality writing leather covers and business tools becomes necessary. I highly recommend these quality leather goods and especially the lovely people who offer such a personalized and professionalism in sales and after purchase support. Thank You Galen Leather, All the best health and success in 2023 !
It's beautiful and we love it!
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM