The Writing Box
$126.65 USD– Sold Out
- An analog box for today's modern writers.
- Crafted from solid walnut wood and vegetable-tanned leather.
- Designed to carry analog writing tools and notebooks. The unique angled cover allows you to write comfortably on journeys.
For inspirations on Instagram, click here.
WRITING IS THE PAINTING OF THE VOICE.
Inspired by Thomas Jefferson's portable writing desk, this is the perfect gift for a writer or creative.
To see the detailed history and plans of Thomas Jefferson's Writing Box, click here.
We have collaborated with Walden Woodworkers Co. to build this beautiful and unique writing box.
- Six elastic pen slots
- One big elastic pocket size notebook holder
- One small elastic pocket size notebook holder
- Four uppper elastic slots for clips/ papers /rulers
- The base fits two A5 notebooks, or TN, papers or documents
- Outside of the top cover fits a flat lay A5 notebook
- Shown in the picture is a Hobonichi Cousin (not included)
- Accessories shown in the pictures are not included
- A modern version of the portable writing desks.
- Outside: 32 x 26 x 7 cm (12.5 x 10.2 x 2.7 inches)
- Inside: 29 x 23 x 5 cm (11.6 x 9.2 x 2 inches)
- Made from solid walnut wood
- Nickel plated brass accessories
- 15 degree angled cover to write comfortably on
- Vegetable tanned leather inside the cover
- Comes in a thick cardboard box
- Finished with natural linseed & tung oil
- Package cover designed by Mathias Johansson
- Made by Walden Woodworkers Co.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Excellent craftsmanship in these products, there is art and soul in this company. Great customer service - I would love to buy everything!
Very nice box!! I'm looking for a beautiful wood box for a long time. This is just what I want! Thank you for your wonderful work!
Beautiful craftsmanship. Lovely piece. Almost double the price due to shipping charges out of Turkey into the EU which I only found out about after I placed the order. Would have liked a head's up on that. I don't regret buying it though, it will last for a long time and is a wonderful desk if you like working under a tree or outdoors. Also works well as an easel at one's desk for painting or drawing. I like to support family businesses, and this family has a particularly heart-breaking story. Love to see the continuation of the mother's vision by her surviving brother and husband. She would be proud.
I was happy to receive the beautiful wood grain!
I waited a long time to order this box due to price. I was very pleased to say the least. The box cones beautifully presented in a high quality keepsake box that is beautiful on its own. The writing box in walnut is gorgeous and functional. The wood grain is beautifully preserved while being sanded to be buttery smooth. The inside storage and desk functionality is thoughtful. I love it. The customer service was personal and timely. I will be coming back to Galen Leather for more items.
This box has single-handedly reignited my letter writing habit. I've written nearly ten letters since it arrived, as it's the perfect place to store all my notepaper, wax seals, and stamps. It's also been wonderful to use as an angled writing surface as well as the perfect mini lectern for notebooks and notes when running Zoom calls.
I wrote a more comprehensive review here as well, with photos: https://carolinedonahue.com/a-few-of-my-favorite-things/
It brings me such joy to have a stash of pens, stationery, washi tape and other writing supplies in this absolutely gorgeous writing box, where they are handy and ready to use. The leather strap, perfectly sized, adds a nostalgic touch. The wood is beautiful, the craftsmanship is top-notch, and I am so impressed with this company.
I love my writing box! The shipping was quick, the packaging was beautiful, the extra surprises inside were very sweet. Thank you.
I have had a few notebooks from Galen and promised myself the writing box, superb craftsmanship just love it, it will be home to my best fountain pens and Galen leather tomoe river notebooks. Thanks
A welcome accessory to my writing life. Very well made, a luxury item that does not cost an arm and a leg. A portable writing desk that can elegantly carry everything I need to create, correspond and dream.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM