Leather Slim A5 Notebook / Planner Cover - Undyed Leather
100% Handmade in Turkey
Product:Handmade Leather Slim A5 Notebook / Planner Cover
Color/Finish:Undyed Leather - Not covered Un-dyed leather means, nude leather, with nothing covered up - so they will have some natural range marks, scars, and other blemishes. In other words, they are not processed to make them appear perfect, like something you would get in a department store. When you get your brand new un-dyed vegetable-tanned leather good, it looks a natural color. The hide is effectively naked and so will age and darken with the sun just like your own skin. Aging will develop a rich color and patina. Sun exposure, daily handling, water, and conditioning give natural vegetable tanned leather a rustic look over time. Read more about vegetable-tanned leather.
6.3 x 8.6 inches (16 x 22 cm)
- 100% vegetable tanned cow leather
- Hand stitched using waxed polyamide thread
Save yourself the hassle of digging around your bag by keeping your valuables safe and secure in one place. Our Handmade Leather Slim A5 Notebook / Planner Cover is the perfect way to store your everyday essentials for work, study or personal use.
- A5 size soft covered notebooks and Everyday Book Blank A5 400 pages
Can also store other accessories (as pictured):
- A pen
- Credit Cards
*Devices and accessories are not included
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I wanted to wait a bit before providing pictures of how this soft cover has aged (beautifully), and in even nicer in places I've done terrible things to it like spill coffee and a drop of oil on it (!). I haven't treated it but have used 'conditioning it' as an excuse to slather my hands in lotion and then rub that into the notebook, to no ill effect!
Second, I wanted to let folks know this fits the Midori MD a5s I'm addicted to (unlined, thank you very much) perfectly. When I was shopping no one had mentioned minority md by name and I was a little nervous.
I bought a 2nd cover in green that I haven't even removed from the packaging because I like this raw leather so much! (Plus it looks better after dumping coffee on it, bonus!)
Looking forward to seeing what it looks like in a year or 3!
I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I'm not exactly the type to like undyed leather, patina, ageing, etc. but I wanted to try it--it seems everyone has undyed leather notebook covers or pen cases. This Galen Leather undyed leather notebook sleeve felt like the best intro to the undyed world: it arrived raw pink and perfect and pristine, so I went ahead and used the leather balm on it. The next day, it looked like the undyed leather notebooks on Instagram! It looks amazing and feels rich, but also personal and unique since I just used my bare hands to rub in the leather balm. I think it looks like an actual journal now, of someone living. This might be my only undyed leather item but I look forward to its appearance changing with use and time. I love that when my notebook (Galen Leather A5) runs out I can replace it and still use this cover.
My experience conditioning this cover was a little hilarious. I also bought the Galen Leather balm, which was nice and odorless and arrived in one piece even after traveling in the Philippine heat. I think in some parts of the cover the balm I put was too thick, because it did not dry as quickly. The balm also went into the stitching, which at first bothered me. Sometimes I still see the whiter marks over my cover which might have been because of the balm. Also, on the inside, the first page of my notebook that touches the leather pocket got white marks (that I could remove).
I absolutely love this product. Initially I was very hesitant to get an undyed leather version of the notebook cover, because the product did not look as nice on a screen. But in real life it is lovely. I applied the Galen leather balm generously, and the cover is starting to darken ever so slightly. I look forward to seeing it develop character over the years. The softness of the cover is very nice and it seems to be very sturdy - soft yet strong!! Perfect combination and a great analogy for character!!
I am already awaiting my second order from Galen and this will surely not be the last.
Whoops, I wrote my (glowing) review for the wrong size notebook. I still love the leather, etc, but the A*6* size is what I purchased and perfectly fits the Midori MDs.
This leather is very soft, it's my very first undyed leather and I love the minimal look of it. Have to purchase the other sizes too.
The quality of the materials and craftsmanship is outstanding. On top of that the feel in my hand is soft and smooth and just want I wanted in a leather cover. The natural color is beautiful and I look forward to see the changes as it ages. You will not be disappointed in anything that comes from Galen Leather.
I have never been let down by Galen Leather! They have suck a high quality product, with an excellent price. The customer service is impeccable. They have never failed to deliver quickly, usually I have my purchase in 3 to 5 days!
I have ordered from many company's in the US that can't get anything here that fast! This A5 under leather notebook cover is one of my favorite journal covers. It is probably my 10th piece in my Galen collection. Love love love this family, their story, and their products! I feel like now I have family in Turkey!!
I have tried a few undated leather covers but this is by far my favourite. The quality is impeccable. I also appreciate the pen loop and card slots. I highly recommend this cover.
It also arrived very promptly!
I love it!!
As a kid in ballet school I would always gaze in awe at the leather slippers my teachers wore and was constantly fascinated by how beautifully they moulded to their feet. This notebook cover feels exactly like that. The nude leather is soft and smooth, and after two days of use I can already see it taking on some personality from my hands. I keep picking it up and squeezing it, it simply feels divine!
It's not just beautiful material though, the design and quality of the cover is fantastic. The stitching is solid and even, the edges are smooth, and the flaps hold the notebook in securely while still making it easy to slip it in and out of. Both a slender Midori and my chunky Hobonichi fit it perfectly, and the pen loop is probably the best I have ever had on a notebook cover: stretchy but not flimsy and somehow makes the whole thing look complete. The two slits in the flaps are also brilliant for keeping little scraps and paper clips that I usually have flying around.
This cover is simple, but that is exactly what makes it so beautiful and convenient to use. A second one is already waiting for me at checkout and I am not at all sure it will be my last.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in 2-3 weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM