Leather Notebook - Tomoe River Paper - A5 - Crazy Horse Forest Green
Introducing our new leather-bound blank notebook in A5 size. It features the stunning fountain pen friendly Tomoe River Paper. This blank journal is perfect as a standalone travel notebook for recording all your special memories and ideas, or as a refill for our best selling Leather Notebook Covers.
- Completely flat-lay
- Vegetable tanned cow leather cover
- Hand-bound from Tomoe River 52 gsm white paper
- Blank paper
- 200 sheets (400 pages)
- Includes grid and lined guides
- Includes blotter (also can be used as a writing mat for comfortable writing)
- 145 x 210 x 20mm (5.70 x 8.26 x 0.8 inches)
Tomoe River Paper
Many would agree that there are few papers than can even come close to competing with the quality of Tomoe River Paper when it comes to fountain pen-friendly paper. This high quality 52 gsm paper is incredibly thin and shows off the natural sheen and shimmer in fountain pen inks.
Our Tomoe River paper is the same Tomoe River paper that's used in the Hobonichi Techo notebooks.
Fountain pen enthusiasts who favor shading ink (that is, those that create subtle color gradations as ink is laid on the paper), will appreciate how the paper shows off these subtle color variations. Sheening inks also perform well as pools of color will sit on the surface of the paper and when they fully dry, will create the reflective look so many fountain pen users love. It’s important to be patient and let the paper fully dry to prevent smudging, especially when using sheening or metallic inks. Click here to read our blog post about Tomoe River Paper.
Tomoe River Paper Writing Samples
For the guide sheets, thanks are given to the Well-Appointed Desk. For the images, we give thanks to @writetomeoften
Color/Finish:Crazy Horse Forest Green/Distressed
Distressed dark green color showing under-tones of light green, sacramento and emerald. Ages and softens quicker compared to regular leather. Suede feeling finish.
A5 sizeAt half the size of A4, A5 size notebooks are very popular as journals or daily, weekly or monthly diaries. The size makes them easy to carry while still allowing lots of space to write.
I've been journalling for over 25 years now and finally decided to treat myself to a nice journal. Knowing the careful design and high quality of Galen Leather's products, choosing this one wasn't difficult. The toughest part was deciding which colour! It really is impeccably made. I love the feel of the TR paper, and the way fountain pen ink looks on the pages. It's going to take me long time to get through the whole notebook, but I know it's going to last and age beautifully. I'm sure this won't be my last Galen Leather journal.
The leather feels so nice and the Tomoe river pages are beautiful. I appreciate the guides and blotter it comes with too.
This is the coolest notebook ever with quality paper!
Li faltaria una petita butxaca al darrera i uns separadprs com altres notebooks
Another excellent product from Galen Leather. I will definitely order again! Worth the wait!
Love the A6 leather bound notebook. It is impeccably finished and came beautifully packaged, well protected. For anyone who isn’t familiar with Tomoe River paper, this is one of the best choices, fountain pen and water colour friendly, as well as other pens and pencils. Liners and blotter are thoughtful extra details. The turnaround from order to shipping was quicker than stated, shipping was fast. 5 Star recommendation to anyone looking for a notebook; prices are excellent for a high-quality products. I will definitely order another once this one is used.
Galen Leather's new leather-bound blank notebook is fantastic! Beautiful packaging to start - the magnetic closure is a nice touch. As a fan of Tomoe River paper, this book has plenty to offer, 200 sheets/400 pages! While blank pages are not my first choice, the included line and grid guides are useful and I've been using them to keep everything straight. The leather cover, in a perfect dark green, is just right, not too stiff and not too flexible. The cover will fold all the way back, still allowing you to write. Show through on the white, 52gsm paper can be an issue, but I have not found it distracting when using both sides of the page. This is my first leather-bound notebook from Galen and will not be my last.
This is definitely my favourite leather bound journal. Love the no-nonsense yet stunning looks and the functionality of this notebook. Super fountain pen-friendly with Tomoe River Paper. Lays flat.... well designed overall. Big fan of Galen Leather.
It has truly been a pleasure working with Galen. Their books lived up to the quality that I expected The Tomoe River Paper is just like everything you've heard about it, and the speed with which my product was shipped and delivered far exceeded my expectations. The packaging was first class, above and beyond. I will most definetely be ordering from Gaken again. Thank you so much for making me smile.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM