Replacement JoWo #8 18K gold nib unit
- JoWo #8 Replacement Nib Unit.
- 18K Gold.
- Ebonite feeder for better ink flow.
- Avaliable in Fine, Medium, and Broad tips.
- Full unit, including nib, feeder, and housing.
- Without logo/embossing.
Replacement gold nib for #8 fountain pens.
Experience the epitome of fine writing with the Replacement JoWo 18k nib size #8. gold nib unit for fountain pens. Available in fine, medium, and broad tips, each nib is paired with an ebonite feeder, ensuring consistent and superior ink flow.
Size 8, means that the feeder is 8 millimeters in diameter. Thread housing M9.5x0.5,a drawing with dimensions can be found in the last picture of the gallery in this product.
JoWo is a German nib manufacturer, that produces nibs for use by pen manufacturers. The history of JoWo nibs dates back to 1852. The company began as the first German manufacturer of steel nibs and today is behind some of the best fountain pen brands in the world.
Discover all JoWo Nibs.
How do Gold Nibs Compare to Steel Nibs in Fountain Pens?
In the world of fountain pens, the debate between gold and steel nibs (we mean high-quality steel nibs like JoWo) centers on their writing characteristics and flexibility. While modern steel nibs are highly capable, offering a comparable writing experience to gold nibs in many aspects, there are distinct differences, particularly in terms of flexibility and line variation.
Gold, being a softer metal, naturally provides a more flexible nib. This flexibility allows the tines of the nib to spread more easily under pressure, creating a wider range of line widths as you write. As a result, gold nibs, especially those with higher karat values, are often preferred for their ability to produce varied line thicknesses, adding a unique flair to handwriting or calligraphy.
Specifically, 14k gold nibs are known for offering a moderate level of flex, striking a balance between rigidity and flexibility. On the other hand, 18k gold nibs tend to offer even greater flex, making them a top choice for those seeking maximum line variation and a distinctly softer writing feel. However, it's important to note that the choice between gold and steel nibs often comes down to personal preference and the specific writing style of the individual.
Most of the items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to dispatch. Out of stock items mean, not in the production cycle and generally re-stocking in a few weeks. You can subscribe to the in-stock notification on the product page. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days. Plus production times.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA.
- European Union : New rules after 1 July 2021; we charged VAT for orders up to 150€. It means no hidden or extra customs fees during the delivery. Orders more than 150€ subject to customs same as before.
- UK : Orders are subject to VAT. Around %20 percent. + courier fees.
- Brazil: Due to high taxes, we suggest to use a redirecting service like Regarding redirecting services, I've been using fishisfast.com
- Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- Items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items. We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM