Scrikss 419 Fountain Pen Poudra
Scrikss is a leading Turkish manufacturer of writing instruments. The company was established in 1964 in Istanbul and has a flourishing legacy of more than 50 years.
The legendary SCRIKSS Fountain pen 419, has gained the great appreciation of pen lovers all around the world. It is being re-produced in limited edition to create a pleasant nostalgia. The Poudra 419 Fountain Pen is designed for conventional ink, and comes with a sensitive medium nib and a transparent window on the barrel so you can visually gauge the ink level.
With a retro design, inspired by the legendary "419" pen, the Scrickss fountain pen has a piston loading system. The piston mechanism is integrated into the body itself.
The 419 fountain pen is made of gloss black lacquered acrylic resin while the nib and stainless steel accessories are plated in 23 karat gold. This is a pen that will is sure to delight modern, nostalgic collectors.
Scrikss 419 Fountain Pen Specifications:
- Finish: Acrylic Resin
- Trims and Clip: 23k gold plated stainless steel
- Nib: No. 5 gold plated stainless steel, European Medium point
- Filling System: Piston mechanism (bottled ink fill only)
- Compatible with our handmade leather single pen sleeve in crazy horse brown
- Pen Length, closed: 4.95 in. / 124.8 mm
- Pen Length, open, cap off:
- Pen Length, open, cap posted: 5.8 in. / 148 mm
- Pen Diameter, barrel: 12mm
- Pen Diameter, section:
- Pen Total Weight: 0.42oz. / 12 g
- Gift boxed
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
So this is my 4th Scrikss pen from Galen Leather. And it won’t be my last. This pen in white is absolutely beautiful. Very minimalistic but rich looking. I love the way these pens write. The weight is perfect for me with the cap posted. I leave the cap unposted for other fountain pens, because I personally don’t like a heavy pen. Next on my list will be the black one, then the yellow one, just for fun! Don’t hesitate to buy these..very easy to load with ink and clean. Also, holds a good amount of ink. I can write several letters before refilling. Thank you Galen Leather! Your company is special!
This is a really nice pen, especially at this price point. I'm a daily fountain pen user and prefer the piston fill. This pen works well. The nib is definitely medium bordering on broad. It lays down a heavy line of ink, which can be useful in certain writing situations. It's a good addition to my extra fine and fine nibbed pens that I use daily.
Le Scrikss poudra. Il est beau, son débit est agréable, l'écriture est douce et j'adore la couleur. C'est un bon et beau stylo.
An interesting alternative to a Pelikan M200. The nib on the example I received wrote smoothly without requiring any adjustment. The only small niggle is that the cap posts onto the filler knob, rather than the barrel, so care is needed to avoid accidental turning of the knob.
I currently have it inked with diamine earl grey. Here are my initial thoughts: it is a small pen, in between a mini and a regular pen, it is super light, the color is beautiful and the golden accent is nice, it is a vaccum fill, but the twist is clicky which not sure if I like yet.
Writing: it is a smooth writer, ink flows very well, short nib with a touch of flex. The writing offers a very satisfying feedback for me, and the bit of flex looks nice in my opinion.
Overall: I love the look and feel of the pen, it's reminiscent of pens I had as a kid when fountain pens were widely used, the nib is where it is a fairly good quality. It gives a satisfying write for how light it is.
While I really like the look of this pen, I had many problems that made me put it away in my box of forget-about-its:
1. The nib is quite broad, but still scratchy at times. I had to check and my pen came with nib tines misaligned
2. The flow keeps breaking and I had to keep pushing more ink from the piston to keep a flow. I think the nib and feed have a gap. Upon removing the nib, I found out its looped on the feed and I couldn't remove it to fix the gap, and hence flow, issue
3. Upon emptying the pen I found out that the pen's plastic stains from even basic inks. I used a TWSBI ink which is fairly easy to clean, but the pen ended up with hard to remove stains making it useless with any other inks.
Ich konnte ihn zwar noch nicht testen, da ich mir erst ein Tintenfaß besorgen muss. Aber ich bin jetzt schon ganz verliebt in die Farbe und goldene Feder.
Still can’t pronounce the Name, but it’s a great pen..
I love the look and feel of this pen. The mint green is very pretty, especially with the gold accents. The medium nib is really more of a broad, but it writes beautifully. The piston fill works smoothly. As always, Galen Leather packaging is great, with all the nice extras. I did get a call from US Customs, asking whether ink was included - weird - but no problems. Overall, a great value for the price.
All items are handmade to order and usually take a minimum of 1-2 weeks to complete. Good things take time. We appreciate your patience!
We ship worldwide. All items are sent via our shipping partners UPS/Fedex. Your items may need to be signed for upon receipt.
Due to security reasons, we cannot ship to PO boxes.
Some items are ready for shipment in our workshop, located in Istanbul. In stock items dispatch within 6-7 working days after payment has cleared using our shipping partners, UPS & FedEx. If the item is not in stock, then we will need to make your order.
Deliveries to USA addresses will take 3-4 days. For the UK and Europe, 2-3 days. To Australia, 6-7 days. For the rest of the world, expect a maximum of 7 working days.
- Shipping fees are automatically calculated during the checkout process. See your checkout for shipping options. As an example, a small journal's shipping fee starts at US$9.80.
- Buyers are responsible for customs duties. There are no additional taxes for goods being delivered to the USA. Most countries, except the USA, are subject to VAT (value added tax) and customs duties. These are the responsibility of the recipient. Since rates vary by country and by what was ordered.
- HS Tariff Code for Leather Goods 420221 (You can check your country import regulations with this code)
Returns - Cancellations
- All items (except personalized items) can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. Buyer is responsible for the Shipping costs.Please feel free to ask any questions you might have before placing an order.
- Due to all items are made to order, after receiving your order, we immideatly start to make your items.We don't accept cancellations/changes after orders placed.
- Products suitable for personalization, are shown on the product pages.It is and additional option.
- Currently, we can't customize the wooden items.
- If you want a monogram option on your item please select it from choose box at the right side of the page.
- The Monogram default position will be on the front right bottom corner. Up to 3 characters.
- Up to 3 characters you can personalize your item with ; A....Z Capital letters 0....9 numbers . , & ! # - _ @ / : * punctuation.
- Font and height, the default for this listing is Times New Roman, 1 cm high, same as the lead picture.
We offer corporate gifts at varying price points, as well as company specific merchandising programs. For corporate embossing MOQ is 20 pieces.
We make all products in house and have full control over.Please contact us via contact page.
WHY SHOP AT Galen?
SEEN ON INSTAGRAM